s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Bimini Big Game Club & Resort

19 April 2015 | Bimini - North End
Helen
After a no-breeze buggy night, we decided to move to another marina. We got up and after a lovely breakfast, headed to the infinity pool which we had to ourselves. Then we took a wonderful walk along their crescent beach, which had lots of big boulders in the sandy edge of the beautiful colored water. Showered and left our slip. Motored around and thru the main channel which leads to the Government dock and many other marinas. We stopped when we got to the Big Game Marina and they gave us a slip. It was difficult with the surge of current, but Mark did a wonderful job piloting us into our slip on D dock. The pool is closed for construction and one of the main docks was also under construction, so Robert negotiated a better rate per foot! Decided to go for a walk and check out Alice Town. Not many stores and even less were open since it's Sunday. We walked around a few blocks of the town and then went over to the beach which was beautiful. The only thing is that they seem to stack up bags of trash in many places and also throw trash everywhere. The buildings again in need of repair or just a coat of paint. Came back to the restaurant/bar in our marina and had a delicious lunch, in celebration of Chris' birthday. Then came back to the boat and relaxed. Mark was checking charts in case we stay another night. Then we took a cab to the new Resorts World Bimini. Mark and I play roulette, but my money was gone fast and none of my numbers were selected. We walked around a very empty marina, but the boats that were there were mega in size. The place is huge with many houses both on the ocean side and on canals and many more to be built. It was very luxurious. We went back into the Casino bar and all had a drink, before getting a cab back to our marina. They drive on the left side of the street and we had a narrow escape while he passed drivers in golf carts and also when one was in our lane. We are using some time to catch up on emails, although my phone's battery is not holding a charge. Did I mention that it's hot here? The sun pierces right thru us as we walk around and we end up sweating a lot. We are not sure of tomorrow's weather, so our trip back to Jax will begin in another day or so. We may go back to West End before crossing, but everything will depend on weather. We are hoping that the breeze stays with us tonight, as it makes sleeping so much better. Also, it keeps away the noseeums and mosquitoes. Did I mention that every time you have some food around, the flies suddenly appear? They are very pesky at times. The color of the waters are worth the trip to Bimini!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015