s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Governor's Beach Snorkel

13 December 2017 | Governors Harbour, Grand Cayman
Helen
Watched the movie XXX last night, which was entertaining. Since it was too early to go to bed, we played a game of Mexican Dominoes and I won! Mark beat me a couple of nights ago so we are tied. The sun was already up when we awoke today. After breakfast, we dinghied over to the marina. Their wifi was very flaky today as is usual. Took everything out of our freezer compartment and chipped away a lot of ice build up and re-aligned it. Had lunch and decided that with many cruise ship cruisers going to Stingray City, it must be warm enough for us to snorkel too. Stopped to say hello to Alkemi and met Robert's mother, who hails from Canada. She also was born in the same city as me! Small world. Dinghied to our usual spot, which is now overflowing with grass, branches, leaves and plastic trash. We walked thru the mall with Cost-U-Less and noticed a drug store. We asked if they carried any Stugeron and they did right on the shelf like aspirin. We purchased a couple of boxes so we are well supplied for company. This is a British sea sickness pill. We always bought some when we were in the Bahamas. It was a short walk over to the small park beside the Governor's Mansion. The water was a very pale blue color with decent swells crashing into the shore line. Mark noticed someone carrying a snorkel mask and asked them if there was a good snorkel area around. They said just go straight out and the coral is great with many fish that actually come right up to you. So, that is what we did. It was a lengthy swim out there, but the views were amazing as were the fish. The first fish I noticed was about a foot in length and came right up to my mask! Saw many different types of fish, including a puffer fish. We sat on the beach for a bit and dried off. Very soft sand. It was really nice. We ran into Alkemi on our way back, they were outside the smoothie shop enjoying $55 US worth of smoothies, it's amazing how expensive things are here. We passed on joining them an opted the $3 take out ice cream from Cost-u-less. The dinghy ride back was fast as the waves were not that big any more. Also, the wind had changed directions from NNE to NE this afternoon. There should be less waves and more shelter in George Town. We plan to top up our diesel fuel at the marina in the morning before heading there tomorrow. Today's sun was hot and temperatures must have reached 80 degrees. I must say that the water was cold going in, but only for a moment.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015