s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Rolly Anchorage

14 January 2018 | Bahia Brasilito
Helen
Enjoyed a movie onboard last night. Mark selected Heaven Can Wait. It was a late night for us. The boat did a lot of rocking thru the night, with the large swells hitting us on the beam. After breakfast we made plans to head in to shore for lunch. Just before we left the winds piped up to 25 knots and of course the swells got bigger too. We waited about an hour or so to see if things would settle down. Then we left. Mark was keeping up to the wave ahead of us. He pulled up the engine and we were attempting to get the boat on the beach when we both fell. I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight for the beach goers, and not one of them thought to come help us. We managed to pull the dinghy way up on shore and lock her to an old tree. Then we searched for a restaurant with tvs showing the Jaguar - Pittsburg game. The restaurant on the beach had a tv that was showing an old episode of the Munsters. It had an outdoor veranda with a great view of our boat. We walked across the street to Lucy's who had multiple tvs and they were all tuned to the game. Had a lovely but expensive lunch along with the second half of the game. We didn't think that the Jaguars could hold the lead but we were wrong. Congratulations, Jaguars! After the game we walked over to the little square and checked out the grocery store. It was a tiny sell everything store where we bought a loaf of bread and an ice cream. Mark checked on the dinghy while I looked in the two souvenir shops. I didn't buy anything as we will have more shopping in Coco. The dinghy survived. We dragged her back into the water and over the first few breaking waves. Mark waited in the water while I got in and started the engine. It took a few pulls, but I was successful. Mark got in and we rode back to Charabia. Took a shower and rinsed off everything that got wet or sandy. Our boat is still rocking. The wind is hitting us from the beach off to our port side. Tomorrow, we will head to shore early. Would love the swells to be smaller. At least we are getting practiced at doing this necessary task. The weather is not as hot today with the strong winds blowing. Not as many people on the beach.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015