s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Honolulu & Waikiki Beach Visit!

09 April 2018 | Ko Olina Marina, Oahu
Helen
Up early. The Trade Winds kicked in with a very powerful wind blowing thru the marina. It was a clanking night as many of the sailboat halyards were not secured away from their masts. I slept badly. Still getting used to multiple sleep hours and flat waters here in the marina. Since we had to fill out the paperwork for the marina haul out next week, we decided to rent a car for the day and check it out. We took the shuttle over to the Marriott Vacation Club and rented a Toyota Corolla from Enterprise. After the boat yard, we drove the 15 miles to Honolulu and Waikiki Beach. Lots of touristy people around. I don't think it rained today, for the first time since we arrived. The sun was out and it was hot. We checked out the public marina and parked there for $1/hour. Walked the beach with our feet in the cool waters as we didn't take our swim suits. The beach was lovely, but there were larger rocks which hurt my foot when I stepped on one. There were several catamarans on the ocean, taking guests to sail and snorkel. There was a dock owned by the resorts, that delivered and picked up guests. We had a bite to eat at one of the beach restaurant bars. Then ate an ice cream on the way back to the car. We drove up to PunchBowl Pacific National Cemetery, high up over Honolulu. The view was incredible. We stopped for some fuel as Ko Olina does not have any gas stations. Then we met Steve & Liz at Buzz's Steak House for their happy hour dinner specials. Good food and great company but I couldn't finish mine. We stopped at Safeway before driving back to the marina. The winds were still very strong as we carried our purchases to the boat. It was already after sunset and the boat was dark. I handed Mark my boxes and stepped up to the boat, clunking the top of my left foot on the dock cleat that our lines were tied to. I thought I broke something. The pain was incredible. Mark got me some ice and I have it elevated. Thankfully, nothing is broken but the skin was scuffed off and my foot will be bruised. Catching up on the internet. Will think about heading to bed shortly. We will get up early tomorrow and return the rental car.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015