s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Good-bye Moorea! Tuesday, July 10, 2018

10 July 2018 | Moorea in the Societ Islands in French Polynesia
Helen/Mark
Watched the third Die Hard Movie last night. It was quiet in the anchorage. Lots of boats and thankfully, no one too close to us. The breeze was light all night. Mark woke up a few times and checked our status. Got up around 7. The sun was shining and still is. The breeze tapered off thru the day and we were back to almost flat waters in the anchorage. Mark entered our route into the gps. Then we took the dinghy back to Taoahere Beach House restaurant for lunch. As we were getting close, my phone connected to their wifi. We were in some very shallow beautiful waters with plenty of coral off the channel at the time. We made a few phone calls to show off the beautiful waters. There were mega tour boats in Stingray City. Lots of boats left our anchorage. Some of them moved to another anchorage just before our restaurant. We got to the restaurant just before 11 and they were just opening. We asked if there was a store close by to buy baguettes. The waitress told us yes, it was just around the corner on the right side. As we walked thru an upper scale residential area, Mark thought she was mistaken. I said we would go to the end of the road. There was a stream that passed under the road about half way to the main street. There was a store right at the corner. We took their last two baguettes and a couple of apple pastries. Waked back to the restaurant and enjoyed a table on the deck overlooking that beautiful water of multi colors. We shared a burger and ham & cheese sandwich. Their prices are far better than any other restaurant in Moorea. Plus, their wifi is also stronger. We didn't stay too long as we had a long dinghy ride back to our boat. Then we took a short nap and got the boat ready to haul anchor. We started both engines around 3 pm. Also, started the water maker. The winds were supposed to be sailable and downwind, but the Moorea Mountains interfered. So far we are close hauled but expecting the wind to shift behind us once we are far enough away from the mountains. We just turned off one of the engines and have a full jib flying. The seas are sizable, over 6 feet. We should arrive in Huahine sometime tomorrow morning. We are planning to take 3 hour shifts after sundown. The motion of the ocean is hurting my stomach. Time to stop typing and concentrate on the horizon for a while to settle it. Our bodies must get out of synch when we stop for too many days!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015