s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Clean Clothes! Monday, Aug. 13, 2018

14 August 2018 | Pago Pago, American Samoa
Helen & Mark
It was a rainy overcast night so we did not get to see any of the meteor showers. I woke up early around 5 am and looked out. The weather had cleared up and I could see many stars. No meteors visible. Our friends, Chris & Zane on Rosanne arrived early this morning. They did a tour of the anchorage before heading to the Port dock to clear in. We decided to go to McDonald's for breakfast as Mark wanted to check on our Defender boat parts purchase since they declined our credit card. It turned out that Mark used Amex for the purchase and they had an issue when we changed our address to our mail forwarding address. They deemed it an invalid address. Mark finally called the phone number on the Amex card and it worked. So, my cell phone works here when we have a wifi connection. It's like being back in Florida. He straightened out our account and our boat parts are being shipped as is our mail. Yeah! I also had to call our health care company since we changed it to Amex with our Visa cards changing. We know that our August charge was also rejected. They will put the charge thru and I will verify tomorrow. Stopped by Pied-a-Mer to thank them for hosting last night. We had such a good time. Then we ate a light lunch onboard. I packed up two full bags of laundry and we headed to shore behind our boat. There is a creek at the end of the bay with concrete steps and we figured out that it was the closest spot to a large Laundromat. Mark put the bags on our fold-up hand cart and we were able to locate the place. Lots of machines available and lots of people there. $1.25 for a wash and $1.75 for a dry. We were successful in getting five loads done. Yeah!! I still have another couple of loads to do. It didn't take very long. The clothes were dry just as the heavens opened with a huge amount of rain. We walked back to the dinghy in the rain and took refuge in a small mall to get out of the rain. There had to be 5 inches of water at the bottom of our dinghy which Mark bailed out. The creek was so full of plastic bottles and trash coming from further up the creek. All dumping into the anchorage and port on its way out to the ocean. We headed back to Charabia. I boiled the kettle and we took a shower off the back. Shortly after, the sun came out and it was a beautiful end to the day. The weather cooled off with the rain. Lots more boats showed up today, that we were anchored with in Suwarrow. Thank you for your emails and satellite messages. We appreciate hearing from you!! Having a quiet SG&T on the boat along with tacos and salsa. Another day in Paradise!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015