s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

All Day Seminar! Friday, November 9, 2018

09 November 2018 | Bundaberg Port Marina, Queensland, Australia
Helen
Had dinner aboard. Worked on our computers. Then watched the movie, The Pacifier. It was very entertaining! This was the first day we have stayed up past 10 pm. The winds were still gusting after we got to bed. All the boats with wind generators were going full speed. Mark got up around 6 am. I tried to sleep a little longer, but I could not fall asleep. Had breakfast. Then Mark worked on some banking. He made a couple of payments last month and the money did not get taken off the right bills. I was going to attend a yoga class, but my body has been hurting me and I didn't think I could manage the hour class. Caught up on emails and messages. We walked up to the marina and showered. Then sat under their cruiser umbrella as the breeze dried my hair. It was blowing pretty steady all day. Mark said our high wind indicator reached 57 knots today! We boarded the shuttle for the Lighthouse Restaurant & Hotel. Class started around 10:30. There were two lengthy seminars on sailing south to Sydney. Lots of great information. We enjoyed lunch with several other couples. Two of them from Canada. One couple said they were from a tiny place in-between Toronto & Niagara Falls. I said, could it be Grimsby or Beamsville? And the answer was Grimsby. That was only 20 miles from where I grew up! This afternoon's included a lot of details on sailing to Tasmania, which is separate Australian state/province. Not sure if that is on our list of places to sail to. We were pretty tired from sitting around all day. I walked over to the small IGA and picked up a few things, including a Chocolate Mud Cake to take to the Potluck - Hootenanny/Jam Session. We took the shuttle bus back to the marina. Delivered the groceries to our boat. Then took a walk in the opposite direction. There were a handful of businesses before the river, several were to do with fishing industry in this area. We did find a canvas shop. Would love to get the plastic replaced in our dodger panels. Did not have enough time to make phone calls, so will work on that tomorrow as we don't have any seminars. There are a few fun things planned, like a The Bundy Muddy Derby crab race at Ocean Pacific Seafoods next door. Not sure I am interested in that. Following that is the Down Under Rally Beer & Prawn/Pot Luck. I am sure we will attend but I won't be eating any prawns. Following that is a 7pm movie called 'The Castle'. I will be interested in watching the movie. I also want to spend some time doing laundry. I plan to head up early to grab the three washers. We have been delinquent on doing laundry as the price was so high and we have plenty of clothes, towels and sheets onboard. Thanks to everyone who send emails, messages and comments on Facebook. We truly appreciate your kind words! Sun is just about to set as prepare to head up for the Rally party!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015