s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Rice Wins! Boat Maintenance & Downtown Brisbane! Sunday, November 25, 2018

25 November 2018 | Rivergate Marina, Brisbane, Australia
Helen
Had an early night as we wanted to get up at 4 a.m. to listen to the Rice/Old Dominion football game. Fell asleep right away as the high winds had decreased. Then woke up and Mark was already listening to the game. Listened to the rest of the game and Rice won their last game of the season. Congratulations to all the coaches and players! Had breakfast. Then Mark tackled the port engine. He removed the exhaust elbow and removed all the built up carbon deposits. It was a struggle, but most successful job. It was a much hotter day without big gusts, for the first time since our arrival in Brisbane. We headed to the showers as Mark had sweated thru his clothes. Then we drove downtown Brisbane for the first time. We parked close to the entertainment area on the Brisbane River. It cost $17 to park all day. We walked over to Grey Street where we found several cafes. We had lunch at The Charming Squire. They even had free wifi. Lunch was good. As we walked from the restaurant, it started raining lightly. We found a covered place beside The Wheel of Brisbane and the Brisbane ferry docks. We were in time to catch one that went across the river. It cost $9 for the two of us. We took the elevator to the street level and headed to the Treasury Casino. They had roulette tables, but the minimum coin was $5. I played only a few rounds and they did not spin my numbers. So, I gave up. Mark and I played some slots, but not sure of the rules. We gave up and left. Walking back we decided to stop at the Art Gallery. It was free. Lots of people there. Enjoyed looking at all the different rooms of art. Walked back to the parking garage and headed back to the marina. Checked out the laundry room and no one was using the two washing machines. Got some coins from the marina office. It cost $4 per wash and dry. So, collected enough clothes to run two loads. Wait at the boat in-between. Caught up on my log files. The boat across from us was a couple with a tiny little girl and they decided to wash their large power boat. The little girl was doing the hosing. All of a sudden she started screaming that their dog was in the water. Her father rescued the dog and sprayed him off. There was a lot of action going on and Mark was taking a nap and said he didn't hear anything. I was worried for the little girl. She was just as close to the water with a hose going! Mark helped me collect the dry clothes. Just as the sun was setting, so red in the western skies, the rain started up again. Glad we were done with the laundry. Still lots of color in the sky. Thanks for emails and messages. Love hearing from you!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015