s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Carnival Spirit Day 2

30 January 2019 | Tasman Sea
Helen
Woke up several times thru the night. The ship was definitely moving us around. I thought it was cold in the cabin for sleeping. Yes, we have blankets on our bed. We finally decided to get out of bed around 7:30. Got dressed and Mark noticed that the t-shirts that he stored in the closet were all wet. I called Sunny and she came over to check. She sent some maintenance workers our way. We headed up to Deck 3 for breakfast. Only Diamond and Platinum members were allowed on this floor. I had an omelet and Aussie bacon. Plus water with lemon slices. Mark had an egg & bacon sandwich with hash browns and coffee. Our dinner companions, Russ & Beth, were a couple of tables over. Met a couple from Canberra that sat at the table beside us. Had a lovely conversation with Dave & Chris. After breakfast we went by the spa on the 9th floor and I booked an acupuncture appointment at 11. Went back to the cabin. Still some issues with a leak in our room. They took the t-shirts to launder, which was nice. Mark walked me to my spa appointment. I filled out some forms but didn't wait long. Marilia did a fabulous job on my treatment. She was balancing my body and that is what I really needed. Got back to the cabin around 12:30. Mark and I walked up to Deck 9 for lunch today. It was super busy. The sun was shining and it was a hot day. Lots of people were in the pools. But mostly, there were people at every table. I suggested taking our food back to the cabin and eating on the balcony, but Mark declined. We both picked up a burger but I didn't eat the bun. Also had some fries and a dessert. Ask a Chinese couple if we could join them at their big table. They were welcoming but they didn't understand much English. So, we ate our burger and left. We picked up more drinks and dessert and headed back to the cabin. Created the blog for yesterday. Mark signed us up for the internet. He was able to post the blog with a picture of the high wind He also booked us a shore excursion in Bay of Islands. He was planning to take a nap and I wanted to go to the gym. So, he walked me to the 9th floor gym and I walked over 2 miles. I listened to a news channel with my ear buds, while I walked. Big floods in Queensland and fires in Tasmania. Then changed it to the movie channel for a while. Headed back to the cabin. Mark's was disturbed with the delivery of his clean and dry clothes. Came back and decided to try out our jacuzi bath tub. Put in some lavender oil. The boat was rocking the whole time. Dried my hair and found some clothes to wear for dinner. We were rushed as it was already 5:15 and we were still in our cabin. It was a rush. Mark just wore his shorts and a shirt. I had short pants and a long sleeved sweater. Forgot it was Caribbean dress, or I would have worn something else. Pamela & Graham were already at our table. It took a while before Russ & Beth joined us. My dinner was already ordered. I had some rice egg rolls and the main course was chicken, veggies and rice. Very nice. I had the mango dessert, as did Mark. Mark had fetucini pasta with beef and sauce. He also had an sg&t. Our waiter got me some water without ice. I was finding the ice water too cold for me to drink. I joined Russ, Beth and Pamela in dancing the congo line around the dining room. After dinner, we headed back to the cabin. Changed to a sweat shirt to keep me warm. Then walked to the far end of the ship to watch The Getaway Island show. There was lots of singing and dancing. Lots of songs I knew. Walked to the casino afterwards. Played automated roulette. I won $4 and Mark won $1. That was so much better than losing our $20. The winnings were added to our cards. Headed back to the cabin around 9pm. Started watching a movie on the movie channel. Catching up on today's blog. The seas are bigger and rolling us from side to side, gently. Enjoyed a relaxing day on the water. We haven't gotten in the pool yet. Thanks for your emails and messages. I will spend some time posting pictures to Facebook now that we have wifi on board. There are still many areas of this ship we haven't yet explored.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015