s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Carnival Spirit Day 3

31 January 2019 | Tasman Sea
Helen
Woke up around 7:30. Got dressed and headed to Deck 9 - Lido for breakfast. We each had personal omelets plus some sides. Mark got a coffee and I stuck with water. Came back to our room. Then we headed to the highest deck(11) and played 9 holes of mini golf. The ball was hollow and light and the big gusts kept knocking the balls off the tee. We had a great time. I got one hole in one and had a much better score than Mark. Then we went one floor down to play some ping pong. Again, we used a light air ball. Mark beat me in two games. I think I lost my touch! Headed to shops and picked up some raffle tickets for a watch and jewelry. Killed a few minutes by the photo shop and bought one of our dinner photos. We did not win either draw. Walked back to our room. Sat on the balcony. Our furniture was coated with salt from the salt spray. The sun was shining for part of the day. The strong wind continue to blow today. Charged up my phone. By this time, it was close to noon. They served brunch on the Deck 2 so we headed in that direction. However, our food could have been a lot hotter. Didn't end up eating much of mine. Headed up to the 9th floor for the chocolate buffet. They had pieces of fruit, cheese cake squares and donuts to dip in their white or dark chocolate fountains. Headed back to our cabin. I got my ear buds and Mark walked with me to the gym. He actually did a short workout on their rowing machine. I walked 2 ½ miles on the treadmill. Mark visited the Serenity area and caught up on wifi back in one of the cabana like seating areas. Mark calls them cocoons, as they are round with a cover and cushion. I met up with him back in our cabin. The room staff delivered a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, plus two Carnival VIFP Club gift blankets. How nice! Took a short nap. Then showered and got changed to our dress up clothes and headed to dinner. I am sticking with the gluten free choices for my meals, so I get to select the next day's meals of breakfast, lunch and dinner each night. Had lots to eat, with plenty of vegetables. Tonight, we both enjoyed some very tender roast beef. After dinner, we wandered back to the center of the ship where everyone was getting pictures with the captain and his staff. It's so different from years ago cruising on Carnival with free drinks at the Captains' party. Headed to tonight's Pharaoh's Palace show. It was called Miss Houdini. It was an incredible magic show. The dancers and singers participated as well. We will head down to the casino once we select a photo and post this blog. Thanks to all who sent emails and messages. I will post some of our pictures on Facebook. Apparently, our wifi connection does not include phone calls. Will catch up on phone calls when we get to NZ. The ship still has a lot of jiggling and movement. I felt lots of motion last overnight. The waves are not as big as yesterday but around 8-10 feet. Carnival Spirit is making a speed of 16.5 knots. The apparent wind is 35 knots. For the second day, we switch our clocks, forward an hour. So, NZ is two hours ahead of Australia time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015