s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Carnival Spirit Day 4

01 February 2019 | Off New Zealand
Helen
We slept in on this first day of February. Mark got up around 8:30, which is an hour earlier with the second time change of this cruise. He went up to the Lido Deck for breakfast and I slept a bit longer. When I got up and dressed, we both went up to the Lido deck. Had an veggie omelet for breakfast. Mark had a coffee. It was raining on our walk. Much cooler too. Headed back to the cabin. Watched the movie, Victoria & Abdul while Mark worked on his laptop. It was entertaining but wonder how historically correct it was. When it was over we walked up to the Lido deck for lunch. I had broccoli and other veggies plus a gluten free pizza and flan for dessert. Refilled our water and took them back to the cabin. Got my ear buds and Mark walked me to the gym. I walked over 2 ½ miles. Watched Guardians of the Universe, second movie, while I walked. It was actually busy in the gym. We had some people waiting for treadmills, so they were happy when I got off mine. Mark busied himself on the internet. He walked up to the front of the ship and back to the Serenity Lounge. He could see the coast of the South Island, so he came back to our cabin to take some pictures. Visibility was poor, so not sure what will come thru in the pictures. After walking, I came back to the cabin. Watched the end of the movie in our cabin as Mark was also watching it. I was laying on the couch and fell asleep. Then we decided to take a ½ hour nap. Showered and got ready for dinner. It was the 80's music evening. The dining room staff entertained with YMCA and there were many guests dancing in the aisles. Then one staff lady sang a Tina Turner song. She has a great voice. Dinner was okay. Beth brought us each a glow in the dark bracelet to wear! Mark had fruit cocktail, chicken parm and french fries. I had broccoli soup, veggies, gluten free Greek spanikopita with roasted green pepper lined with rice. Dessert was a mousse. Mark selected the black & white which was like a bread pudding with cream sauce. After dinner we walked back to the room and I changed into jeans with a sweater as I am constantly cold. Then we headed to the front end of the ship and watched the 80's musical show. Lots of song and dance numbers. They were very good. May watch the comedy show. We started watching another movie which just started so we may not make the comedy show. Breakfast will be from 6:30 - 8:30 tomorrow. We will be off the ship around early and back on by 2:30. Not sure what we will do in Napier. Thanks so much for your emails and messages. Great to hear from you. We are enjoying our time on the water in superb comfort. We got a note that said they will be washing down our balcony. That will be great as there was so much salt spray on the windows and furniture. Cannot believe that another month has passed us by. Incredible low temperatures in the US. The temperatures are much lower here than in Sydney. The ship was making 19 knots earlier with apparent wind down to 6 knots. The wind has picked up to 50 apparent and 39 true. Ship speed is 18 knots. The sun is just about to set. The seas look a bit ugly and fierce.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015