s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Boat Work and Cooler Weather

13 February 2019 | Pinta Bay
Helen
We started watching the movie, Superman 3, but it got late, so we decided to head to bed and watch the rest of it today Mark set the alarm for 6 am to equal West Coast Time, but I was an hour early. Listened to a holistic introduction class. Caught up on emails. It was light out but it takes time for the sun to rise over the hills beside us. The salon temperature was 74 degrees. Mark was still sleeping. The class was interesting but I don't have time to sign up for the multi-week course. Went back to sleep for another hour. Mark must have been tired out as he slept a long time. Wind was blowing strong thru the night. There was some clunking sounds from the lines out to the mooring ball which kept waking me. It jerked the boat with the wind gusting and stopping. Both of us had cereal and shared a banana for breakfast. Sent out some emails. Played some pc games. Did some reading. Mark took the side wall off the port forward cabin to get into the holding tank area to replace the sensor that didn't work. I was helper. Started going thru containers. Will see what we want to keep. Or some things we will ship back. Ray & Edith took their paddle boards out to the channel for some exercise. Just after they returned, Janet dropped her mooring ball line and motored by as she headed back to her Pittwater marina. Watched the sailboat, an Oceanis 43, named, Oarsome, come in with two ladies and one man. Once they were secure on the open mooring ball, they all got in their dinghy and went out to explore the area, only to find that their dinghy didn't have enough fuel. They were paddling back to their boat, very slowly. Ray took his dinghy and towed them back to their boat. Mark was down below working on the port cabin, or he most likely would have helped out. Helped Mark check the controls for the sensor. He finished putting it all back together. Then he called his brother, Jim. Then I called my sister, Fran, but only spoke briefly as we lost our wifi. Not sure what happened today. Couldn't make any other calls. I guess we will save our gigs for tomorrow. Mark went for a half hour nap. I played some pc games. And tried to get an internet connection. No luck. We will be heading out of her tomorrow. I joined Mark. He set up my tens treatment. Then he put on his swimsuit and his jellyfish jumpsuit and headed in the water to scrub. This time he added a weight. Once done, I headed out back to check on Mark. Mark scrubbed the bottom down and under the keel. Then he scrubbed some on the sail drives. Port side only, so he will have to do one more scrubbing. He asked for a flat screw driver. There were tiny slots that had some growth, where the water enters the sail drives. He cleaned them out. I noticed the cockpit had dirt spots that were dust drippings from last night's big winds. Then I decided to clean the bottom step that had some growth. Cleaned all the steps on the port side. I would have cleaned the other side, but Mark had enough in the water. He was cold went he came out with the strong breeze blowing. Showered. Then took the dinghy out for spin. It was high tide and quite windy. There was chop in the channel, so we got some spray over the dinghy. Went to explore some of the tiny coves close by. No one was anchored in the area. Headed back to our Pinta Bay and dinghied to the very end. It got quite shallow at the end. The breeze was chilly to me, despite the sun being hot. Not as hot today. Came back and helped Mark hoist the dinghy into the davits. Mark secured lines at the bow and stern. Then he decided it was popcorn time, so we made popcorn. Then watched the end of the movie, Spiderman 3. By the time it was over, we noticed that a very large sailboat was anchored at the mouth of our bay, very close to our boat. I guess the movie took our attention. It was late enough in the day, that we didn't think anyone else would be joining us. Looks like a solo captain on a very large and expensive looking sailboat named Shearwater. Mark enjoyed his sg&t. We were still unable to get any wifi here. Mark noticed that we are only getting a 3g connection which only connects to his phone and not mine. The sun is sinking in the sky and getting ready to set. Thanks for the emails. I didn't get a chance to check out Facebook today. I did take several pictures so will have to post them tomorrow. Can't add a picture until we get some better wifi.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015