s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

More Boat Work

17 February 2019 | Pittwater Bay
Helen
We spent time online, last night, researching places to stay in Melbourne. Listened to some talk radio. Then it got too late to watch a movie. It was after 10 pm before we knew it. We were both ready to head to bed. I woke up around 5 and could not fall back asleep. Decided to get up. Played some pc games & did some reading. I got to see the deep orange sky above the hill to the east of us, with the sun rise. It was wonderful how it reflected on the water around our boat and the other boats on moorings. Not many people around at that early hour. Eventually went back to sleep. Got to sleep more before Mark woke up. He said it was Sunday and we should sleep in. So, that was good for me.
We each had cereal and fruit for breakfast. Then got some wifi updates. Got to see a lot of people walking their doggies out in the park. The high tide water washed over the spit but they were still walking in the shallow waters. It was entertaining. Our first boat project was to defrost our fridge. Moved everything out to cooler bags. Then boiled the kettle, a few times, to thaw the ice around the freezer. Cleaned everything out. Then put everything back in that we chose to keep. The rest was thrown out. By this time it was lunch. Decided to take a shower before we headed to shore for lunch. Mark suggested the park cafe, but I wanted to go back to Beto's. Dinghied across the channel to the Newport Wharf. Dropped off our trash in their bin. Then we walked up the hill and across the street, only to find the restaurant closed early on Sundays. So, we headed over to The Newport Complex that we walked around yesterday. There was a huge line up for the burgers. Our timing was great. We actually found a table in the pizza cafe. We shared a pizza with some extremely spicy pepperoni. They had some wonderful live music on their open stage. We both drank a lot of water. Our mouths felt like they were on fire. My sister, Chris, would have loved it! Lots of people there. But not many other businesses were open in that area. We got a walk in and headed back to the dinghy. The local kids loved to jump off the dock into the water. There were several other small boats tied up next to our dinghy. Headed back to the boat. We made a few phone calls. Mark decided he needed a nap. I started going thru some more of our storage tubs and cleaned up the shelf beside our bed. Mark had a short rest on the settee in the salon. Then I decided to get the metal polish out and clean up a few things inside the boat. Then I took my stool and cleaned and polished all the stanchions. Mark got into the dinghy when I finished and polished the chain plate & turnbuckles on both sides of the boat. It was already after 6 pm and Mark was ready for his sg&t. I stuck with water since I haven't been drinking enough water these days. Had some leftover nachos and nuts. The sun was extremely hot during the day. There was an endless line of boats going in both directions today. Saw several dragon boats out on the water. Also, many tiny optimist sailboats being towed in and out. Even a group of young kayak enthusiasts, being towed back to the dock across the bay. They managed to tip over two of them. The last one was swimming back to shore when the driver came out and picked him up. Many of the boats took short cuts thru the anchorage near our boat. The result was a rocking boat from the wake. Thankfully, tomorrow is Monday and they should all be back at work. Thanks for your emails and messages. Appreciate hearing from you. We talked about going back to the park bbqs for dinner. I told Mark I was just too tired. The wind picked up and the breeze coming in the hatches is cold to me. It is currently 80 degrees in the salon. We are getting the odd big gust of wind. We are now facing more to the east. The sun is sinking in the west. Maybe we'll get to see some color again tonight. Tomorrow morning we have an appointment with the broker that we will be using to sell our boat.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015