s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Rainy Day in Pittwater

20 February 2019 | Pittwater Bay
Helen
After dinner last night, we watched the end of the movie, Clash of the Titans. I don't remember seeing it before. Headed to bed around 10 pm. It was raining and overcast so no sighting of the big full moon. Also, wanted to see the blue asteroid that was out in space. Could not see any of that from Sydney. We got up around 7. Actually woke up a few times. Mark got up around 4 am and I was able to stretch out on our bed, until he returned. He said he pulled the plug on the dinghy as it was getting filled with rain water. I didn't hear any big rains but he did. I actually remembered a couple of dreams. We both got up and had cereal with banana for breakfast. Caught up on wifi. Then Mark started working on the starboard engine with the leak. He needed one more part that was on order at the Yanmar dealer on shore. He headed to shore, thru the light rain, to pick up a gasket. I cleaned up the kitchen. Our paint job on the kitchen counter and dry locker looked so good! I didn't want to put anything on top of it. We will have to re-arrange things. Decided to give the new paint a little more time to cure. Mark spent the rest of the morning working on the starboard engine. He successfully replaced the gasket. Then he ran the engine checking for leaks. The engine looked good. Yeah! I went thru our cds and dvds. I put aside the ones that we will ship home. That helps with the de-cluttering on board. We made a couple of phone calls. Then cooked lunch. Afterwards, Mark decided he needed a nap. I did some work on my pc and continued reading my book. Once Mark got up, we took the dinghy to Winnererremy Park to drop off some trash. Then took a walk for exercise. The park has a walkway decorated with rock carvings, the crab was Mark's favorite. Of course, it tried to rain some. Mostly, we had a nice long walk around the entire park. It ended up being a totally overcast and rainy day. The wind was not as huge as yesterday. Salon temperature was in the mid 70's today and higher when I turned on the stove. I was ready for a hot drink when we got back to the boat. Mark suggested popcorn and a movie. The movie was The Man of the Year, which neither of us had ever seen. It was entertaining. Dinner was leftovers from our freezer. We are attempting to empty out the fridge and freezer. Looks like our rainy weather will last a few days. There is the cyclone, Oma, which already hit Australia and headed to New Caledonia, but is expected to head back to the Brisbane area this weekend. Maybe that is what is bringing the rain this way. Many thanks for the emails & messages received today. Not sure if we are going to watch another movie this evening. The sun set behind solid cloud cover. The wind is howling some. We can see lights from other boats as well as the houses on the shore.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015