s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Busy Day of Boat Work

22 February 2019 | Pittwater Bay
Helen
Busied ourselves with wifi and reading after our company left. It was after 10 when we headed to bed. It was still raining. Slept well. Mark woke up at 3:30 with high wind and rain. He checked the wind speed which was over 20 knots. Not anywhere predicted in our forecast. I woke up around 7 and got up. It was cool in the salon with the temperature just over 70 degrees. I did some reading of the book, A Painted House. Woke Mark around 8 am. It was still raining. Glad that he got a little more sleep time in. Got up and got dressed. I took our sheets off the bed in preparation for washing the walls of our cabin. Breakfast was cereal & banana for Mark. I cooked up some veggies for my breakfast. Then worked on cleaning the kitchen. We received an email stating that our boat import was complete. We can move ahead with cleaning out the boat and getting her ready for the picture taking from the Multihull Solutions. I cleaned out one of the lockers on the port side forward cabin. Went thru the tubs that we have in the salon and started putting together another box of things to ship back. Mark worked on the fiberglass touch-up. He did some sanding. It was non-stop raining which isn't helping that job. Mark contacted Marcus, from Multihull Solutions, to get permission to take our boat to the service dock of the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club. Permission was received so we hauled anchor around 11. Motored across the channel to the Yacht Club dock. I was about to step off onto the dock when a couple came along and took our lines. So very kind of them. Mark calibrated the holding tank sensor. It cost us $5 for a pump out. Mark tested our shore power connection. He verified that the new outlets worked properly. Also, filled our water tank. Gave the boat a quick wash. Would have like to do some scrubbing but we didn't stay long. At least it was dry when we were there. Thankfully, no other boat took our anchoring spot. So, we headed back to the same spot and re-anchored. It was already after lunch time. I made a hot lunch for both of us. Mark had a ham & cheese grilled sandwich and I had some cooked veggies with a little ham and cheese. Then Mark added another layer of fiberglass to the problem spots on the back steps. I cleared out our cabin bedding and the cushions. Then scrubbed the walls. At least they are nice and clean. I tried to clean the two fans but was having issues. Mark came and took them apart so I could get inside and clean them better. I was getting tired by this time. No after lunch nap today. Did some more reading. I finished reading A Painted House by John Grisham. It was entertaining. Took a break and joined Mark for an sg&t today. Had the rest of our taco chips with salsa as well. The sun was shining briefly, with enough to display a rainbow thru the light rain. By the time I went outside with my camera, the rainbow had almost disappeared. It was still raining at 6:30 pm. The sun has not yet set. There was a thick cloud cover in all directions. Salon temperature was 77, but the nights have been far cooler. The sun peeked out its head for a moment. We haven't seen the sun in many days now.
Mark put our bed back together. I put on fresh sheets and made up the bed. Cleaned out my kitchen cupboards. Organized what we will leave for the boat sale. Then cooked up a ham and veggie omelet for dinner. It was a late dinner and very tasty. So, tonight's blog is posted late. Thanks for the emails and messages we received today.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015