s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

More Rain, Sale on

23 February 2019 | Pittwater Bay
Helen
Watched the movie, Iron Man. Not sure if we had ever seen that movie. It was action packed and entertaining. Got to bed after 11 pm. It was still raining and the wind piped up at times. Mark said he woke up thru the night to check the wind speed and it was over 20 knots. I slept thru that. We both were up around 7. Mark was waiting to see if David was available today. They arranged to meet over at Winnererremy Park this morning. We both had cereal and ½ banana for breakfast. It was still raining off and on. Mark sanded the back steps. He got rained on a couple of times, but waited it out. May need to touch up tomorrow ahead of painting it. Mark took several bags of trash to the Royal Alfred Yacht Club. He also dropped off the signed contract to list our boat thru Multihull Solutions, now that our boat has been successfully imported. I spent time going thru all the books I had brought from Jax. We are determined to make the boat look empty. Sorted thru several more storage areas on the boat. This is a big boat with plenty of areas that need our attention. Have to decide if things stay or go. We picked out some things to give Matt & Amy and took them over to their boat. They spent yesterday on shore doing laundry and shopping. That will be on our list of to-dos. Back at the boat, I emptied out both of our lockers with every day clothes, so that will be empty going forward. Then we dinghied to Winnererremy Park to meet David for coffee and handed off a lot of good things from our boat. David will use or donate to the local charity. Thanks to David for taking all of that off our hands. Had a lovely visit. There was a break in the weather long enough for us to walk around the park. David was impressed with the beautiful park. We got caught in the rain at the park. So, stayed longer than we expected. A ton of rain came down. We enjoyed lunch & free wifi before getting into the dinghy. Just as we left the beach, the heavens really opened up and soaked us as we motored to the boat. Peeled off our wet clothes and boiled the kettle. Added the hot water to our sun shower. Since it was so much colder with the overcast skies and huge winds, we showered in the port head. Hung up all the wet towels and clothes before taking a break for a nap. I fell asleep right away. It rained off and on the rest of the afternoon. Listening to a radio station which is keeping our attention. Our salon temperature is up to a high of 75 degrees. That really feels cold to me. Mark enjoyed an sg&t. Catching up on this blog. Uploaded a picture of many birds that gathered outside the café, someone had put out some seeds that they liked. Thanks for your emails and messages. I did post a few pictures on Facebook today. We got to see the sun a bit today, but it sure did not stay out very long. We need a break in all this rain, so we can finish our boat jobs and be ready to move forward with our boat listing.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015