s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Boat Jobs & Mexican Lunch

03 March 2019 | Pittwater Bay
Helen
Just wanted to thank David for arranging a lovely dinner get together with Andrew, Alex and Amy. We really enjoyed it. By the time we drove back and dinghied home in the dark, it was midnight. By the way, we did have a light with us. There were enough lights on shore and the lighted markers to find our way. No other boats on the move at that hour. It was around 12:30 before we got to bed. Very late for us. We both slept well and long. I woke up just before 9 and got up. I was coughing, and didn't want to disturb Mark. Did some reading and kept myself busy. Mark got up by 10. We checked our wifi briefly, then had breakfast. We each had our cereal and banana. We were late getting going today. Mark worked on fixing some more cracks on the back steps, plus a few other spots. He Fiberglassed them. He also removed the caulking off the back sides of the steps. After painting today, he will replace the caulk. I started going thru the storage bags under our cabin bed. I have a whole bag of clothes to give away. I was sweating working down below. Today was much warmer than our previous days. Since we ate breakfast so late, we weren't in any hurry to go for lunch. Mark needed the fiberglass to dry before he could sand it. We both busied ourselves on board. We got into the dinghy before 2 and headed to Winnererremy Park. Lots of people and dogs on the doggie beach as we dinghied by. The tide was very low, so lots of exposed sand out on the spit. Worked our way around to the park. Sunday brought out many people and lots of kids around the play area. We were able to beach the dinghy and tie up to a park bench. Then we walked over so Mark could wash off his salt watered feet and hands at the doggie tap. We walked over to our car. Most of the parking spots were taken along the edgeof the park where we like to leave the car. Our spot was immediately taken as we backed out. Headed over to Mona Vale. Parked on the second level of the Aldi's. Then walked around checking out which eateries were open today. We selected the Tex-Mex restaurant called MX Monavale. It was right beside a telstra free wifi phone booth. The food was really good. The owner came by to chat. He was from Bali, which surprised us. We enjoyed some down time with our good wifi connection. It was too late to make any calls. Caught up on emails and news. Then took a nice walk around the few blocks of shops and cafes, for exercise. Then walked back to the parking lot. Headed back to the park. None of the close parking spots were available, so parked a bit further away. Then walked around the park on their paved walkway. Passed a few kids on skateboards and bicycles. It looked like several families got together for lunch in the park today. It was a beautiful sunny day and there was a cooling breeze as well. Walked back and Mark picked up a coffee at the Flying Fox. He sent his regular coffee maker home. There were several people on the beach. We never saw anyone sunning on the beach until today. There were several small boys checking out our dinghy. They told us that they liked our boat. One of them caught a tiny crab on the beach. The one small boy asked Mark why he had a boat? Mark said 'It beats swimming'! The wind picked up as we headed back to the boat. It always seems to filter thru the hills around us down into this bay. Lots of boats were out. It was a steady line of boats going each way on the channel beside us. Some of them put out quite the wash (Australian for wake). There is a speed limit of 4 knots, but some boaters don't obey. Helped Mark hoist up the dinghy when we got back to the boat. I was working on cleaning up the piles of clothes I had separated earlier. Mark got the extension cord out and attached it the sander, so he would sand down the fiberglass he used to repair a few cracks and missing paint. He spent time painting the areas that he just sanded. The boat looks even better now!! Thanks for your emails and messages. A few more boat jobs and we will be set. Still no word from Multihull Solutions for our listing or the free mooring ball that we are suppose to get for listing with them.

Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015