s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Skydeck & Bowling

12 March 2019 | Melbourne
Helen
We slept thru till 8 am. Mike took the boys to a local football stadium to meet up with one of the coaches and some players who were out practicing. We had the morning to ourselves. It was nice to sleep in. We ate our boxed breakfasts in our room while we watched the local news channel. We both enjoyed a hot shower. We knew that it was going to be cold today. The high was barely 19 C, which is less than 70 F. The overcast sky brought us some rain. At least it didn't last all day. Made a few phone calls. It was close to lunch time so we drove over to the big mall in search of some food. We enjoyed some rice, veggies and chicken. Mine was really tasty. We walked around the mall. Lots of people at the mall for a Tuesday. We walked down one wing which had all the big fashion stores, like Channel, Gucci and Givenchy. We were surprised to see lineups of people waiting to get in a couple of them. We figured out that they only let so many customers in at a time. We made plans to meet up with the Bloomgrens at the Eukeka Skydeck in downtown Melbourne around 4 pm. Just as we got there, Mark received a call from our boat broker. He actually had an offer on the table. Mark countered the offer. We took an elevator up 88 stories to their observation deck overlooking the city of Melbourne. Beautiful views all around. We could see many paddling canoes on the Yarra river below. We could even see Albert Park, where the Formula 1 Race is set for later this week. The ocean was visible beyond the tall city buildings. We headed down and then walked over to the river where several tents were set up selling Formula 1 Gear. Then we walked over to the Crown Casino. Decided to check out the roulette tables. They had $5 tables, but that just meant that the coins were $5 which was the minimum bet. I got $50 worth of coins and played one, boxing my main numbers. There were two people at the table and they were placing bets. However, they didn't bet and I really didn't want to be the only one playing. I added a second coin that boxed 28, which was the winning number. Decided to cash out as I was up $25. Then we drove back to our hotel, taking Tyler and Parker. Mike and Lara took an Uber ride. We had dinner and played in the arcade area. They had a small sized bowling alley and we all got to play. What fun! Mark and I didn't not play our best. It sure was a lot of fun and laughs. There were many game choices and everyone had a great time. It was almost 10 pm when they headed back to their hotel. Just before they left, we heard back from our broker with the good news that our counter offer was accepted. It will be based on a test sail and boat survey. We are very happy! Thanks to all for your emails and messages. We plan to check out the Sea Aquarium tomorrow morning. Then we have the opening of the Formula 1 Season at 4 pm. Enjoy your day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015