s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Albert Park Race Track

14 March 2019 | Melbourne
Helen
Up around 7:30 pm. Showered and ate our boxed breakfast of cereal, peach cup and orange juice. Got ready and headed out around 9:15. We drove to the end of the tram line and found a parking spot a short walk away. The tram ride was free, all the way to Albert Park. It was nice and warm today with highs around 75 degrees with plenty of sun. The Bloomgrens met up with us soon after we arrived and got to experience some the Formula 1 events. All except Lara tried our luck on the 10 minute driving the formula 1 simulator. At first I couldn't even see the track, so I drove pretty slow. Then I adjusted the head piece and was able to drive without crashing into anything. The boys said they couldn't see the track very well either. It was a fun experience manipulating the up and down shifting paddles. The Bloomgrens didn't stay long as we did as they booked the bus tour out to Philip Island for the night show with the penguins and seals. We would have joined them, but we had free access to the Pit Lane viewing deck and then later in the day, the Pit Lane walk thru. It was a long day at the track. Got to see the practice and then qualifying for some of the other car series like Formula 4, Super cars and GT series. We missed their races at the end of the day as we were waiting in the long line for our Pit Lane experience. We got to sit in our seats in the Brabham Section. This section is on the inside of the track which means taking the walk over of three flights of steps up, then across and down 3 flights. We are at the first turn of the track right at the end of the straight away. We got to experience a lot of Albert Park events. We walked another 5+ miles throughout our day. Enjoyed talking to one of the official F1 race judges. Also, had a good chat with some Aussies from Perth, while we waited with at least 1000 others for the Pit Lane experience. By then it was getting dark and the warmth from the day disappeared. Poor Mark didn't take his jacket today as it was warm from early morning. He did buy an F1 t-shirt but that didn't keep him warm with the cold breeze. I had on two tops, since I also bought an F1 t-shirt, and with my sweater I was still very cold by the end of the day. Security along pit lane was trying to move us thru fast. We could see the team mechanics hard at working getting the cars ready for tomorrow's practice session. Once our pit lane walk thru was over, we walked a fair distance to get back on the tram. We had a nice ride back to where we parked. We looked for a place selling coffee and finally found a 7 Eleven. Our coffee and cappuccino were hot and warmed us up as we walked to our parked car. We headed back to our hotel, arriving just before 10 pm. It's nice and warm in our room, so that is good. Watching a Fast and Furious movie which is keeping us entertained. Happy birthday to Parker!! Thanks to all the Bloomgrens for visiting us on their March break. They have an early and very long flight home tomorrow. Thanks for all your emails and messages. I just posted a lot of pictures on Facebook from our day.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015