s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Relaxing Day in Manly

23 March 2019 | Manly
Helen
I headed to bed without stopping for dinner last night as I was not hungry and worn out. Mark watched some tv. We woke up around 8 am. Nice to get a lot of sleep. Mark started on cereal and banana for breakfast. I decided to shower first. Then attempted to cook up some veggies for my breakfast. However, we couldn't figure out the stove top. So, Mark sent our host an email. She called to say there was a users' manual on the edge of the counter, which was hidden from sight. Even with the user manual, the stove top would not work. Mark got the oven working and I packed my veggies into some foil. Eventually, they cooked and I ended up eating after 10. Then we decided to drive over to the Cammeray Marina to pick up our mail, since the office called to say it arrived just after we left yesterday. It's not too far from here. Mark suggested I wait in the car, but I joined him. Buzzy was working this weekend and just about to head out on his tender. He was kind enough to unlock the office and get us our mail packet. We hiked up the 100 steps once again, to get to the street level where our car was parked. Drove around the area as we were looking for a cafe for lunch. We actually stopped at both sides of the Spit Bridge, but we could not find any parking places. So, we ended up driving back to Manly Beach. We love the parking garage across from the post office as it gives us 2 hours of free parking. We had to walk out the entrance as the 'lift' was broken. We walked out onto the walk ways that housed the weekend market. Lots of exhibitors. It was after 2 pm and we were both ready for some lunch. We went to the cafe where we ate on Friday and they had weekend prices and only one last table outside, but it needed cleaning. So, we went inside and it was so busy that no one took our order so we left. Found a Japanese cafe and had lunch, taking most of it home with us. Took a walk out to Manly Beach. It was overcast and I thought it was colder today. Many people lined the beach. Lots of surfers in the water just off shore. Then we made a stop at Coles for a few more groceries. Then we walked back to our car. Drove back to our flat. By this time my stomach was hurting, so I took a short nap. Mark started going thru the mail as he watched more episodes of Formula 1 Race to Survive on Netflix. It was most interesting to see what all goes on between the drivers and the people running each car company. Mark missed his afternoon nap. We watched some more tv when I got up. We could see that there was a tennis park close by and they had signs about a day of concerts called The Drop. We checked out the internet and found tickets were $110 with multiple Aussie bands performing. So, we decided to go for a walk. We could see stalls around the park, which we assumed would be selling food, drink and cds. However, when we got close we found that you needed to buy a ticket and go in to check out the stalls. Lots of people were on their way in. There was a band playing on stage, which was facing away from us. The people walking were singing their songs too. The downside of this big event was that it was sprinkling as we walked. We decided to just head back. At least I took my jacket with me. I am sure they are getting very wet out in the park because we can hear it pouring now as we have our patio window open with the screen protecting us from any wildlife outside. For the most part, it was a very relaxing day. My stomach ache cleared. I was going to walk the treadmill at the exercise room, but didn't have enough time. Picked out a Netflix movie, called The Mummy. We will begin watching when our blog posts. We do have wifi here at the flat. So, if anyone is around, trying giving us a call (WhatsApp, Skype or Messenger) in the late afternoon or evening which would be morning here in Sydney. Thanks to everyone for your emails and messages. We appreciate getting news from everyone!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015