s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Boat Cleanup

27 March 2019 | Manly
Helen
Watched some tv episodes of Dr. Who last night. Headed to bed after 10 pm. Slept better last night. Up around 7 this morning. Mark was successful in contacting the motor cycle insurance company. They had to research the quote and then Mark called back and finalized the insurance deal. Then Mark continued to work on our taxes while I headed to the gym. The cleaning guy was there and asked if I could return in 5 minutes. I returned and did a short workout today. We had to return our rental car. First, we had to fill up the fuel. Headed back to the rental car. Dropped off our vehicle and picked up another one at the same place. Mark rented it thru the web with unlimited mileage. So, we got the same type of car, which is fine. We rented it thru April 18th. Drove out to Church Point. Mark found a parking spot on the street a short ways from the pier. Met up with our boat broker, Don. Then called for the marina tender to pick us up. The tender driver took us to the boat. We cleaned up the boat. You cannot believe how bad the birds were in leaving behind a mess on our boat. Thankfully, Mark cleaned it off. I cleaned up inside the boat. We packed up a few bags of things from the boat. Some of it will be mailed back to Jax. The rest will be used here at our flat. Then Don came by the boat. We signed the boat sale documents. Then called for our tender. Our tender picked us up and took us back to Church Point. Had a lovely conversation about our sailing trip with the tender driver. Then we drove over to Beco's for lunch. We had been there a couple of times before. Mark had the bacon & egg roll with coffee, while I had chicken with avocado. Then we walked across the street to the New Port and tried our luck at their gaming room. We each cashed out even, so that was nice. They like to fill bowls of snacks and place them beside each of the slot machines. This is the first time we were offered a coffee or tea while we gambled. It was a fun few minutes. Then we drove back to Manly Beach. The traffic was heavier than usual. We found a parking spot in the underground visitors area. Carried in all our bags from the car. Started watching some tv. Then decided to take a walk to the ocean. It was a cooler day today. I forgot to take a sweater when we went to the boat, but it was warm enough. However, down by the ocean it was cooler. I am glad that I wore my sweatshirt. Walked thru the park by the lagoon and out to the ocean. Not many people around this afternoon. We could see a few heads in the water and a few surfers, but not that many compared to other days. Enjoyed our walk home. It was after 5 before we got back to our flat. We started watching the movie, This Means War. It is entertaining for sure. Thanks for all the emails and messages received today. Hope everything is going well with everyone.

Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015