s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Taxes Done! Contract Signed!

28 March 2019 | Manly
Helen
Watched a couple of episodes of a series called, The Order after dinner last night. Headed to bed around 11 pm. We both slept better for a change. It's still noisy at night with the steady traffic that passes by. We woke up after 7 but didn't get out of bed until 7:30. Mark's phone alarm went off and Mark ran to turn it off. Enjoyed our breakfast cereal. Then I headed to the gym. Mark finished up with our taxes, thankfully. Everything was submitted online. Showered when I got back to our flat. Mark showered too. He made a few phone calls. Then we got ready and headed out for a drive to another beach further north of us. It was called Long Reef. Another beautiful place with tons of surfers. Looked like a group of students were out for some surfing today. The beach was beautiful. Very soft sand. It was a challenge walking up and down thru the deep sand drifts. We thought they would have a cafe but none was found. Then drove back towards our local Warringah shopping mall. There were a couple of fire trucks fighting an active blaze in one of the businesses on the street over from the shopping mall. We drove thru some of the smoke and parked in their underground parking lot. Walked up to the eatery area. I had a protein shake for a change. Mark had a repeat of the chicken and rice with veggies from the Thai place. He added some coffee. Mark received a call and feedback from Don, our boat broker. Our boat has a new buyer. They have signed the contract and the only thing left is the survey and test sail. Our broker is arranging the boat survey for possibly Monday, while the owner is still in town. That would be great with us to get this done fast. Then we would have time to tour more of Australia. It was already getting late. We tried making some phone calls, but it may have been too late as we didn't get an answer. We picked up a few things at the Coles grocery store. Then drove back to our flat. Enjoyed a short nap. Then decided to walk to the beach. Took a different route by the parks. It was a good long walk to the ocean. Walked the beach a little. Mark was looking for an ice cream, but our end of the beach is lacking in cafes and eateries. It's mostly residential. We stopped at the cafe called, The Corner, as they had some happy hour deals. We ordered a couple of appetizers and Mark had a drink. We decided we were celebrating our boat sale. We had a nice long walk back. Hopefully, we walked off the food we ate. I sent out an email with our boat news. If you are not on our email, please send us a note. We appreciate you reading our blog. We love getting emails and messages, too. Another chapter will soon close for us as we finalize the sale of our boat, Charabia. We have many more adventures coming our way.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015