s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Back Aboard Charabia Again

07 April 2019 | Elvina Bay
Helen
We spent our evening watching the final episodes of Homeland. Mark thought it was Season 7. Not sure if it's still on tv or which season they are in. Then we watched an Aussie series called Tidelands. It was entertaining. Finally got to bed around 11 pm. Then we woke up around 6:30 today. I think there were some noises from the rooms around us that woke me. We were charging our phones and watching some early morning news on tv when we heard a loud pop. Apparently, their electrical system needed some attention, which Mark let the owner know about when we headed over for breakfast. We both had some toast with peanut butter and honey/jelly. Then we packed up the car and left around 8. We were not sure if the time changed today. New South Wales fell back one hour. As we drove along, I spotted the mileage to Toronto, so we took a side trip. It was a small town on what looked like a lake, which was the only similarity to Toronto, Ontario, Canada!! It was fun to take a walk along the shoreline. Lots of sailboats on mooring balls or out on the water since today was supposed to reach 80 degrees. Then we headed back to the M1 hiway back to Sydney. We saw farms along the way with cattle of different colors, black, beige and brown. The road was carved thru some very beautiful layers of rock walls. We spotted the same elevated walkway that we took when we climbed up that huge mountain in Ku-ring-gai Chase last month. We stopped in Mona Vale for lunch. We shared a quesadilla with spinach and cheese, plus some cooked veggies on the side. Then drove to Church Point. Dropped Mark off. Apparently, our tender doesn't service on Sundays. Mark took the water taxi to our boat while I got to drive our rental car to McCars Park. It took a while before the traffic cleared on both sides, so I could back out of our parking spot. I have not driven in a long time. I had to remember to stay on the left side and figure out where the park was. The entrance is just after the Cicada Reserve. I didn't have to wait very long before Mark returned with our dinghy.
Packed up all the things we were taking with us and headed to Charabia. She was looking very elegant in Elvina Bay. We have a 46 foot Leopard cat next door to us. We took a short nap and our boat was constantly being rocked. One downfall of being in this bay. I suggested we take the dinghy back to shore and get some walking exercise today. We motored across to Church Point and Mark tied up our dinghy to the ramp from the ferry boat pier. Took a nice long walk along the waters' edge. Although the tide was low and there was tinnies all over tied up to the mud bottom anchor blocks. There was a live band playing at one of the Church Point cafes. Apparently, there was a sign for a coverage charge of $25pp. It looked like the place was full. The rock-n-roll music could be heard all around the area. We headed back to our boat. Getting things organized on board. I took some meat out of the freezer earlier and will cook up a dish for dinner. At least we will be using up some of the food we still have on the boat. It's almost 5 pm and with our extra hour today, we can see the sun is just starting to sink down to the top level of the mountains around us. It's good to be back on board. We will definitely be missing this boat when our sale finalizes. Tuesday will be our Test Sail with the new owners. We will be making plans going forward. Thanks so much for the emails and messages received today. Enjoy the weekend!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015