s/v Charabia

19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia
16 August 2019 | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
15 August 2019 | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
14 August 2019 | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
14 August 2019 | Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
12 August 2019 | Markham, Ontario, Canada
12 August 2019 | Kincardine, Ontario, Canada
11 August 2019 | London, Ontario, Canada
09 August 2019 | London, Ontario
08 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
07 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
06 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
05 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
04 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
04 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
02 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
02 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada
01 August 2019 | Niagara-on-the-Lake

Boat Cleanup and Emptying

08 April 2019 | Elvina Bay
We did not watch the morning news yesterday, so did not realize that the time in NSW changed by one hour. With the fall season, their time fell back one hour. I cooked up some chicken tenders with rice and veggies for dinner last night. Then listened to some radio programs. We were using up our monthly wifi as well. I was ready to head to bed by 8 pm, but stayed up a couple more hours. Up around 6:30 but went back to sleep for a bit longer. Finally got up and had breakfast. Mark had cereal while I had a shake with the beet root mix. Then we worked on clearing out the rest of our bags under both forward cabins. Separated things. Mark took our trash over to the Elvina marina and spoke to our boat tender, Stefan. He took over a bag of clothes and asked if he would like some more or some of our shelf food. He said he would love some more. Packed up three plastic tubs of food from under our salon seats. Also, a bag of clothes that Mark discarded. We took everything to the marina dock and Stefan was very happy for everything. We had a bag set aside for Stephy, plus some spare snorkel gear. We called Stephy to see if she was available for lunch and she told us to come by. It was a slow dinghy ride out to McCarrs Park. While Mark was securing the dinghy, we noticed a canoe being launched from the park into the water. It was like a small roller coaster ride with two people seated. Just as the canoe hit the water, the canoe listed to port almost tipping them over. Spoke with a lady from California who recognized our accent. She was the instructor for the canoe tour. We drove to Castle Crag and met Stephy at her work place. Then packed away the bags we brought into her car. Then we went to the little cafe next door, called, Four Saints. Enjoyed Stephy's company for lunch. There was a post office there, so we posted one last box of things off the boat. We drove over to Mona Vale and dropped off one bag of used clothes at the St. Vincent de Paul church. We had taken some things there a while ago. Hopefully, someone will need them. Then we drove to the beach at Narrabeen Lagoon and Narrabeen Head Aquatic Reserve. It was low tide so there were lots of rocks exposed along the edge of the beach. The water looked like it was flowing very rapidly out to sea. Big waves on the ocean. Lots of surfers in the water. We walked to the end which housed a rock pool. It was a hot day today, with the temperature getting up over 80 degrees. I felt hot out in the sun as there was not much of a breeze to offset it. The rock pool had several people in it. The waves were crashing out on the rocks high up in the air. It was a beautiful place. We then stopped at the Mona Vale shopping mall and did some walking. It's quite a large mall. We weren't shopping for anything. We have leftovers for dinner tonight. The weather is supposed to change with high winds of 30+ predicted for after lunch. So, the new owner, Jeff, will arrive at the Royal Motor Yacht Club tomorrow around 8:30. We will motor over to the dock and wash the deck off. Many areas have birdie doo on it. So, an earlier test sail would be much better for us. We drove back to McCarrs Park and left the rental car there. Then unlocked the dinghy and headed back to the boat. It was hot for sure. Helped Mark hoist the dinghy into the davits, maybe for the last time. We then took advantage of the hot weather heating up our sun shower and took a shower. Hung out the towels on the aft rail. Then organized a few other things on the boat, getting ready to be off tomorrow after our sea trial. Thanks for all the emails and messages received today! Joining Mark for an sg&t on Charabia. It may be our last one, too!!
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015