s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

More Great Beaches

11 April 2019 | Hawks Nest
Helen
Watched some tv and retired just after 9 pm. I slept soundly, but woke up around 1 am. Mark too. We watched an episode or so of Star Trek Voyager. Then fell back asleep until after 8. We went thru all our bags and organized things. Then showered and had breakfast before loading the car and checking out.
Drove farther north on the Pacific Hiway. At one point I suggested heading towards the ocean to check out the beach. We selected Red Head Beach. It was a 'take your breath away' view just like in Manly Beach. At the north end of the beach, there was a high rock wall with lots of big rocks on the beach. What an amazing place! We had the beach all to ourselves. I sat on one of the big rocks and connected instantly. I didn't want to leave as it was so powerful. I was able to experience a wonderful medium-ship connection. We stopped at the beach cafe and Mark had a flat white and I had a cappuccino. The breeze off the water was cool and we thought something hot would be good for us. Could not believe how many people were around that area, including in the tiny cafe. Drove further north. Mark decided that we should stop at the Blackbutt Reserve. We paid for an hour to park, but there was no admission charge. They had some beautiful peacocks walking around the square with tables and benches along the edge. There was a beautiful water area with lots of turtles swimming around. Then they have a caged in area with several kangaroos and emus. We should have bought some food to feed them, as they came close by us. It was a wonderful place. By this time it was after lunch so we headed further north to Hawks Nest. Drove out to the ocean and had lunch at the Bench Mark cafe. I did not care for my lunch. We were inundated with house flies in the restaurant as they had their windows open as well as a sliding door to the outside patio. This is an issue at all the restaurants in Australia. After lunch, we drove to our hotel called, the Hawks Nest Motel. We are a short distance from water of the Myall River. We stopped at small park at the end of our street and took a few pictures of that area. Several boats were on mooring balls. We could see lots of water. The motel's pool looked very inviting and with the sun shining, we thought it would be a good idea to get into our swimsuits. I stuck both feet in and decided it was too cold for me. Mark went in a little further, but with his cold, the water would not have helped his condition. So, we decided it was time for a short rest. When we woke up, we drove into Hawks Nest and fueled up our car. Then we drove to Coles grocery store and picked up a few items, including some throat lozenges. We drove back to our motel and had a light dinner while we caught up on today's news. Today's high temperature was around 23C. With the sun shining, it was actually warm. Of course, I was wearing my sweater as it didn't feel that warm. We saw a few drops of rain as we drove on the Pacific Hiway, but it did not last. The hilly country side was mainly forested with the odd cattle farm mixed in-between. It was a pleasant drive today. Thanks so much for the many emails and messages. Great to hear from you. We will work our way further north tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015