s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Back to Sydney

14 April 2019 | Sydney NSW, Australia
Helen
Up around 6:30. Had several dreams and had woken up. Heard some people leaving early which must have woken me up. Tried to sleep longer, but couldn't. Turned on the morning news channels. Then got up and started breakfast. Mark had cereal while I stuck with my protein shake. We both showered and got our bags together. Left just before 10. Drove out to the Pacific Coast Hiway. The sun was shining but we had some brief drops of rain. Traffic was heavy the whole way. Not sure if it was because of the school vacation with families on the move around Australia. Decided to stop for lunch in Manly Beach. Parked in our favorite parking lot with 2 hours free parking. Had lunch at the Pub on the corner. It was pretty full. Most of the customers were watching one of several boxing matches. Not sure if it was an Aussie boxing match, but they were barefoot and got to kick as well as box. Not my cup of tea! I had a chicken burger with fries, while Mark had the chicken tenders. He shared my fries and had a flat white coffee. Then we walked out to the ocean. Lots of people around. There were a few swimmers in the protected area. The waves were not that big today. We could see dozens of surfers out in the water. We didn't stay long. Mark wanted to shop at one of the stores close to Manly Bay, looking for some new shorts. He bought two pairs and they were only $10 Aussie each! Walked back to our car, as we checked out the weekend market stalls along the way. Drove from Manly to downtown Sydney. Found our hotel and elected for their very expensive valet parking. We got checked in and loaded everything into our room. Then Mark realized he didn't have his phone. He went back down and found our car. Yes, it was on the dash. Thankful that he didn't lose it along the way. Our room is very beautiful. We had a glass wall looking out on the bridge over the Darling River. We walked that bridge when we visited this area a couple of times. Lots of places to explore while we are here. Mark found the China F1 pre-race on one of the sports channels. When the race was about to start, they said we needed to change channels. However, the hotel does not subscribe to that Foxtel channel. So, we are getting regular updates using our wifi. So disappointing. Mark was able to get video clips of the start, which we got to watch. We walked up to the 12th floor to check out the bar for tv channels. They didn't have any tvs set up in the bar. The whole area was glassed in and looking over the Darling River. So, many people were in the bar. The sun was shining so brightly that it was difficult to see any. People were dressed in everything from very casual shorts to evening wear dresses. So, we didn't hang around. Came back to our room to see if we just had the wrong channel. Mark called the front desk and they verified that the race was a channel that they don't get here in Sydney. Waiting to hear from Bryan, Donna and Maria, after their long day of touring in Sydney. We plan to meet up and head to dinner together. Should be an interesting two days here in downtown Sydney!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015