s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Back to Newport

16 April 2019 | NewPort
Helen
Last night, we watched tv, including Aussie Dancing with the Stars show, and then some movies. It was after 11 before we headed to sleep. I woke up around 8. Mark was still sleeping. Got my wifi updates before Mark woke up. Then we showered and got ready. Packed up our bags. Breakfast was cereal for Mark and a shake for me. Then we walked over to the Star Casino in Darling Harbor. Mark and I both played on a $5 minimum roulette wheel. Each chip was $5. There were a couple others that joined our table. One guy bought in with $500 and pretty much gave all his chips away with no pay out. Mark and I started with $50 worth of chips. I boxed 4 numbers around 7 &11, but the Aussie roulette table has a different order to their numbers. Mark kept changing his choices, or he would have won a couple of times. 10 hit which was one of my boxed number, paying me $40. Then I also decided to box 0 & 00 but Mark said I should include 2. Should have just played 2 since that was the next number. Since I boxed 3 number, it paid out $55 more. I was happy and cashed out. Between both of us, we were up $5. I was happy. We walked back to our hotel room. Mark called for our car and a porter with a trolley to get all our bags out of our room. It cost us $80 for 24 hours of valet parking. We didn't have much choice in finding parking any cheaper downtown. Our car was out front by the time we headed down. We started following our google maps, which directed us to a couple of tunnels. Mark was not happy as our instructions took us in the wrong directions. So, we re-traced our steps and headed to Manly Beach. We got our free 2 hours of parking and walked up to the Corso Laundry where we dropped off a bag of clothes to be laundered. Then we walked over to the Manly Pier and ate lunch at the Gomez Mexican cafe. We walked over to Aldis and picked up a few things. We took our purchases back to our car. Then walked out to Manly Beach and took a lovely walk on the beach. The water was pretty calm compared to other days. Lots of surfers waiting for some bigger waves to ride. Also, lots of people in the swimming area of the beach. It did feel nice and hot outside. With the school holiday this week and next, there were plenty of people around the beach today. Walked back towards our parking garage. I walked up to the laundry shop and paid for our clean clothes while Mark drove the car around. Then we headed to the Metro Mirage hotel where we will be staying for the next two days. We have stayed here before. Had a bit of a wait to get checked in as another hotel guest was trying to get signed in ahead of us. By this time I was tired out. Mark needed a couple of buttons re-sewed on his shorts. It took a while to locate our needle and thread. He then realized that the pockets were open on each end, which meant he would have lost his wallet. Decided that we needed some more thread, to repair the pockets too. Watching some tv. We are meeting up with our broker, shortly, at the bar across the street. No other plans tonight. Will be great to have some down time to relax. Once our boat sale has finalized, and we exchange rental cars, we will begin our drive to Adelaide, ending up in Uluru. It all depends on how long it takes to get there, as to where we will drive afterwards. Thanks for your emails and messages. Please send us some updates when you get a minute.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015