s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Aboard Sea Princess

14 May 2019 | Sydney NSW, Australia
Helen
Alarm woke us up at 7. We got the sheets off and put in the last load of laundry. Finished putting our luggage together. I had some peaches and a yogurt for breakfast. Mark had cereal. We collected all the trash and Mark took it down to the trash bins. Made a few phone calls. Finished packing and cleaned up some. Just before 10, we got a call from Jenny saying that the traffic was backed up and Jeff would be late meeting us. That was okay as we were already ready to go. We locked up Stephy's place and took our bags down to the car. Fit all the bags inside and waited for Jeff to show up. Had a lovely talk with him and returned Stephy's keys and we were on our way to Manly Beach. Thanks, Jeff, for all your help. And also, thanks, Stephy!! Mark and I parked at our usual 2 hours free parking lot and walked out to the ocean for our last glimpse of that beautiful beach. At first the waves were pretty small and we did see a few surfers in the water. Lots of people around, including a group of young school boys on a field trip. We stopped for lunch at a small cafe, called Ground Zero, close to our car park. Mark and I both had egg and bacon wraps with chips. Then we walked to the parking lot and retrieved most of our luggage and walked over to the Manly Pier. I stayed with the bags while Mark walked back to the car. He drove the car back to Hertz. Then caught an Uber ride back to the pier. We had our Opal Cards and he purchased tickets on the slow ferry to downtown Sydney. Our ride was 35 minutes. It was great to be back on the water. To see all the sights that we had seen every time we took Charabia around the different harbors to downtown. The breeze was cold to me. Today's temperature reached 23C. However, we were moving pretty good. Arrived in Circular Quay around 2:15 pm. We pushed our roller luggage over the paving stones in front of the pier and around to the one side where the Sea Princess was docked. There was no line ups at all to get on the ship. They took our two roller suitcases right away. We went to check in but they didn't have our room keys. They were still on board. We were early getting here as they didn't expect us until 4 pm. We waited and were given temporary passes until we got on board. Then someone went and found our room keys. We found our balcony cabin on the Aloha Deck which is actually on Deck 11. We have a great view from up here. All the balconies are covered balconies. Should be great for all the ocean crossings. We have a lovely cabin. This one even has a small bar fridge. We are right beside the Opera House with a great view all around downtown Sydney. We took time to head to Dec 14, which is the Lido Deck. Mark got a coffee and I had some water. We each sampled a dessert. Then we toured our ship. Walked around the pool and spa area. We also toured the spa and gym. Our boat drill is in 15 minutes. We would like to post this before we leave. Thanks for all the good wishes as we begin this World Cruise!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015