s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Day at Sea

16 May 2019 | Brisbane
Helen
Woke up around 7. Mark went to the bath room and our toilet wouldn't flush. So, we got dressed and Mark paged our room steward. Then he looked out the door and found him in the hallway. Blister came in and checked something. Then told us he would have to call maintenance. We left to have breakfast up on Deck 14, Lido. We ordered our omelets for breakfast and were given a paper receipt. We passed that on to the table staff to retrieve. I added bacon and a stewed tomato. Mark also added a few other things. Our omelets arrived. They also brought Mark a cup of coffee and me some cranberry juice. Once breakfast was over, we headed back to the cabin. The room was made up and the toilet was working properly. We put on our swimsuits and headed up to the pool and hot tubs on Deck 12. There were a handful of people around at that time. We picked up some towels and selected a couple of lounge chairs. The sun was out and it felt nice and warm. We headed to the hot tub first. I almost couldn't stand the heat but made it in. The jets were wonderful on my sore muscles. Then we noticed one lady going into the small pool. We joined her and had a lovely conversation with Diane, from Sydney. Also, met her husband, Jeff, who was doing some exercises at the gym which bordered the pool area. They have taken this world cruise before and recommended some outside tourist companies for both St Petersburg and Iceland tours. Her cabin is also on our same deck 11, Aloha. I am interested for sure. The pool water was very cold, so we didn't really get in too deep. Then we headed back to the hot tub and warmed up. Then enjoyed sitting on our lounges for a few minutes. We visited with another couple from Gold Coast. Then headed to our cabin and enjoyed a shower. Got dressed and headed to an Astronomy Lecture with Donna the Astronomer, which was back in the Princess theater. It was interesting because of all the history surrounding Australia astronomy. Then we headed to lunch. Decided to go back to the Lido Deck on 14. I found lots of cooked veggies to go with some roasted turkey. Mark added a few potatoes. We had a dessert and then headed back to the Princess theater for the movie called Christopher Robin. Lots of people in the theater. The movie started right away and we enjoyed it. After the movie was over we walked back to our cabin. I was planning to go to the gym but ended up having a nap instead. Mark found Fox News tv channel which we enjoyed watching. Got dressed up for dinner tonight as Mark knew that he couldn't wear shorts. One couple was already at our table #87. Ian and his wife. They have taken this cruise 6 times already. Wow! Talked to them for a while before Gregory and Maxine showed up. They are from Arizona. Enjoyed our meal. I had chicken plus veggies, while Mark had a cannelloni dish. We finally made it to the Monte Carlo casino. They had one roulette wheel going. The chips were $2 each with minimum $10 bid each round. Talked to the dealers and ended up each getting some chips. Not one of either our numbers came up so it was not a lucky day for either of us. Yuck. It doesn't make me want to play again. Checked out their machines but no other players in the casino. Their slots were all penny machines and not really any that we have been playing in Australia. Headed to Princess theater for tonight's show with was a musical called Encore. They had a big orchestra with dancers and singers. Lots of familiar songs. Many in their original European languages.
There were no open seats so we sat in some reserved seats instead. No one was using them. After the show, we headed up to Deck 14 to get a drink of water. We were surprised that it was still open for dinner. Mark and I both had some bread pudding for dessert. Several members of the crew showed up to eat their late dinner. I started talking to one of the ladies and asked if she was part of the orchestra that just performed. She was a trombone player. She told us she was from Philly. She will be on board until NY. Then we headed over to the deck with the Movie Under The Stars, which was The Ant-Man & the Wasp. We got to see the end of the movie. We took a blanket and sat on one of the lounges and enjoyed a small bag of popcorn. We were getting tired by now. It was around 9 pm and we headed back to our cabin. Watched some tv and listened to some Youtubes that Mark downloaded. It's after 10 pm and we are getting ready to call it a day.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015