s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Sea Princess Sea Day 6 - 05/19/19

23 May 2019 | Timor Sea
Helen
Up after 8 am. We both slept well. Woke up a few times but fell back asleep. Watched some tv while we got dressed. Walked up the stairs to Deck 14 Lido, for breakfast. We each had omelets. I added a yogurt and some fresh pineapple. Mark had a hash brown, plus a mini quiche. No coffee for breakfast. We took our waters back to our cabin. I went to the gym. Watched Waters World and Judge Jeanine's show on Fox News on the tv at my treadmill. Walked around 3 miles. At first, I walked next to a guy who really stunk. So, I got off and moved over a few treadmills. Then I had to pee, so I found the restrooms and got a glass of water with orange slices. Finished walking and found my way back towards our room just as Mark was coming back to our deck. I was sweating from my walk. It was too hot in the gym. Shot some baskets in the basketball court. Played a game of Pig, and I won. Also, played some shuffle board on Deck 7. That was fun. Then Mark and I walked down the stairs to attend the Astronomy Lecture at 11 am. It was all about the many Aussie women who helped out. Some worked for 40 Pounds/year. After the lecture finished, we had lunch up on Deck 14, Lido. Lunch was some chicken, beef, veggies with cherry cobbler for dessert. Mark had a hot dog and fries, plus some dessert too. Tried to find an open card game to play, but all were full. So, I went to the Library and found some cards and Mark and I played some rummy. Participated in the Ryder Cup with around 40 other guests. Mark got 3 and I got a 4 score. One lady got a hole in one. Jonah hosted the session in the Legends Sports Bar. Came to our cabin and changed into our swim suits. Then headed to Deck 12 at the back of the ship and joined one Aussie lady from Hervey Bay, in the hot tub. Then she left and two people joined us. It was getting too hot and crowded, so we headed to the swimming pool. Then headed back and stopped to watch the pilot boat come and pick up the pilot plus some guests that were exiting the cruise due to family crisis. Our ship came to a stop to allow them time to reach us. It was hot and muggy today. The sun made a few appearances but it was a mostly cloud covered sky. Played a little ping pong with Mark. Then headed back to our cabin. Showered and got dressed for dinner. Headed to dinner at 5:30 and Ian, Beverly, Gregory and Maxine, were already seated. Dinner was some type of quiche, chicken and veggies, plus some dessert too. Mark had the quiche, veal, mashed potatoes and veggies, plus dessert and coffee. Headed to Deck 12 to try to get a lounge chair for tonight's movie, Hearts Beat Loud. All the loungers were taken as there was a Cir-de-Soleil show. Once it was over, the people headed to late dinner and vacated the cushiony lounge chairs. So, we got to sit on two. The movie was not that good. Mark got us some blankets and popcorn. I fell asleep shortly after the movie started as I was nice and warm and tired out from today's activities. Woke up for the ending. Checked out the pokies and Mark won $10. I gave them $10. Then walked over to the Princess theater for tonights' Disco - Blame it on the Boogie Show. We actually sat in the front row. It was entertaining as we knew almost all the words to the songs. The show was only 30 minutes in length. Waited for most of the theater to empty before we left our seats. It was almost a full house. Headed up to Deck 14, Lido, to get a drink of water and coffee. Mark had a creme brule and I had a piece of cheesecake. It was almost 11 pm when we got back to our cabin. Created this blog and watched some tv. Ready to head to bed any time. Thanks for the Satellite messages received today. We may buy some wifi so we can post our blogs.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015