s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Sea Princess Sea Day 16 - 05/29/19

29 May 2019 | Indian Ocean
Helen
Woke up after 8 am. Got ready and headed to the dining room for breakfast. Some chamomile tea helped my throat today. I had some fresh fruit, yogurt and some eggs. Mark had an omelet with bacon, hash browns and toast. We joined a table but were seated as far away from the front as possible. Enjoyed talking with the people at our table. They were mainly interested in talking about Aussie sports. It was entertaining. Headed back to our cabin after breakfast. We did our first Piracy Drill. We were told to return/remain in our cabins but we heard passengers in the hallway. I stuck my head out and there were lots of people standing by their cabin doors. They said we had to get checked in, so we all visited. Met the people on one side of us. We chatted while we waited for the drill to be over. The ship had a few hoses set up on Deck 7. They would be used to shooting out boiling water on anyone trying to get aboard. It was not something you do on any other cruise ships. Picked up our sun glasses and hats and headed to Deck 7 to walk a few laps. We walked a couple laps and checked out the merchandise sale in one of the dining rooms. Then headed back to walk some more. It was plenty hot outside but very breezy at some places out on deck. It was sunny and we could see a lot of ocean freighters on the water. Some seem to be very close to us. Came back to our cabin. Watched some tv and I got some more rest. I was coughing some. I took some cold medicine today. At least my throat felt better. Lunch was on Deck 14 Lido buffet. I had some cooked veggies with rice and some chicken. Mark had a variety of things plus dessert and coffee. We headed back to our cabin. Started watching ET, which we haven't seen in a very long time. Mark got into his swimsuit and headed down to play water volleyball. I decided to take a break and not get anyone else sick with my germs. Mark returned to the cabin and got out of his wet clothes. Shortly afterwards, we headed to the casino for today's Ryder Cup. Mark and I matched our scores with the best players. We could feel some motion in the boat. At times it feels like we are banging into something. There is around 20 knots of wind on the nose and we are making around 20 knots speed. Headed back to the cabin to shower and change for dinner. We got to enjoy one of the returning guest parties, first. We each had a couple of fruity drinks and appetizers. Then headed to dinner. The other two couples were already seated. Maxine was wearing a mask as she has a cold as well. We had very slow food service this evening. Not great choices for their main courses. I had a Thai dish while Mark had ham. We both had dessert tonight. I have been staying away from sweets. It was after 7 so the outdoor movie had already started. We headed back to our cabin. We decided to add some wifi today. So, we will be posted our blogs with pictures. Thanks for today's messages. Hope to catch up with emails as well. One of the tv channels gives us our position and shows maps of where we are currently located. Our ship is just passing under Sri Lanka. That was supposed to be one of stops before the massacre happened.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015