s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Sea Princess Sea Day - 06/07/19

07 June 2019 | Arabian Sea
Helen
Up early. Mark said he was up at 4 am as it was already light out. He went back to sleep and finally got up after 7 am. We had an extra hour sleep as our clocks fell back one hour. We are 7 hours ahead of NYC time. Got dressed and headed to the dining room for breakfast. We shared our table with three other couples, all from Australia. We had met two of the couples before. The other couple was from our same deck. Had an interesting conversation over breakfast. I keep asking for well cooked eggs and was not happy that they couldn't cook them today. I could have sent them back but everyone would have been finished by the time they returned. We headed back to our cabin. Watched some tv. Our news channels are still out due to an issue with their satellite. Then walked up one deck and waited for a security officer to escort us to the Bridge for our private tour. Captain Tony met us on the bridge and introduced us to Third Officer Dario, who gave us a great tour. We were so very happy to be there. I told the captain that we were available if he needed a couple more hands. Thanks to Captain Tony for the great hospitality! We met up with our next door neighbors and had a lovely chat. We spent an hour in our cabin. We changed into our swimsuits and headed to Deck 14 bbq area for lunch. We each had a cheese burger with fries. Then we headed down to the pool area for water volleyball. The boat was moving some and the water was sloshing around. We played several games. It was so funny at times. Some of the plays were hysterical. We had a great group of players every day! Spent a few minutes in the hot tub. Then we headed back to our cabin to change out of our wet clothes. Took a shower and changed. Then headed to the Monte Carlo Casino for our Ryder Cup. Mark matched the low score with a 2 shot. I didn't hit the ball hard enough, so it took me a couple more shots. It was fun watching everyone play. We walked a couple of laps around the ship for exercise. It was nice and breezy and shaded on one side of the ship. The other side was in the sun. We walked around our deck as well. Headed back to our cabin and watched some tv as we rested some. Then dressed for dinner at 5:30 pm. Our table mates were already seated when we got there. Dinner was crock pot sirloin with veggies which was one of their better meals. After dinner we headed to the pool area for the Movie Under the Stars. Tonight was Captain Marvel. We each had some popcorn to go with the movie. We watched the water slashing out of the pool. The temperature was pleasant enough. I was tired out and fell asleep. Headed back to the cabin. We didn't attend the nightly show. The ship is still moving some. It's still very breezy too. Thanks to everyone that sent us emails and messages today. We really enjoyed hearing from you.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015