s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Sea Princess Sea Day - 06/16/19

16 June 2019 | Mediterranean Sea
Helen
Slept in on this Father's Day Sunday. Got dressed and climbed the two flights to Deck 14, Lido for breakfast. Lots of choices. I have changed what I am eating, to fruit and hot oatmeal. At least my stomach is doing better if I don't eat too much more. Mark enjoyed a made-to-order omelet. Not sure if I mentioned that our ship has some very old folks on board. There are plenty of crew in the dining room, who are very happy to bring you a glass of juice, water, coffee and tea. It's a nice service, but we usually pick up our food and a drink. Then sometimes it's difficult to find an open table. People are eating in there beginning around 5 am until 11 pm. Even after it closes, we can pick up a drink at least. There are no 24-hour food services. We are eating too much, regardless. It's usually busy, late at night, with the entertainment staff eating there as well. After breakfast, we came back to our cabin. Watched some tv and part of a movie. They have a pre-recorded tv channel with our cruise director. She mentioned that they were setting up Deck 12 area around the pool for a Mediterranean Party at 6:15 pm. That was going to be during our dinner hour. We skipped water volleyball again today. Mark said his headache was gone and his sinuses feel better. However, he had a sore raspy throat today. I kept feeling like I was cold today. So, it was best not to get into the swimming pool. There are lots of passengers around the ship that are coughing and spreading their germs. I worked on a huge puzzle in the library. At least three other ladies came to help work on it. It has lots of colors and a pretty setting. Just before 3 pm, I headed back to our cabin to collect Mark for today's Ryder Cup challenge. It was in the atrium on deck 5 with the hole up a hill. It was fun watching everyone. I actually had a better score than Mark. Afterwards, we walked the deck several times. Then we stopped and chatted with our dinner mates and told them that we would not be joining them tonight. We decided to skip dinner and enjoy the complimentary beverages at the party. We showered and changed. Then headed up to Deck 12, out by the pools for the party. They had a live band playing. Our cruise director joined the band and sang a couple of songs with them. We enjoyed the fruity boozy beverages and wine. I suggested we get on the dance floor and Mark agreed. What fun. Mark wanted to try the Cornishe Cafe for pizza. We started our meal with some flat bread with humus dip that was really tasty. Then the pizza that we shared was yummy. I couldn't finish my half. We decided to head to the Princess Theater for the comic show. It was entertaining. We headed up to Deck 14 for a coffee and to get a water to take back to our cabin. I was going to work on my puzzle some, but ran out of time. Another day was over before we knew it. We will be getting off the ship in Valletta, Malta, tomorrow. Will enjoy our sightseeing on this tiny island country. Thanks for all the connections today. We appreciated the emails and messages.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015