s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Sea Princess Sea Day - 06/28/19

28 June 2019 | Baltic Sea
Helen
Slept in today. Once again, we stay up way too late. I do believe it is because the days are so long. Overnight we lost an hour of time. Mark changed our clocks, phones and laptops. We got up and dressed. Then headed to Deck 14, Lido, for breakfast. Took our time. Had a relaxing day. Headed back to our cabin. Picked up our sunglasses, jacket and hats and headed down to Deck 7 to walk. There was a biting breeze on one side of our boat as we walked around a few times. Then Mark attended a documentary on 'The Worst Journey in the World' about WWII Arctic Convoys to Russia. It was hosted by a may time world cruiser that we have shared a lunch table with. I went to the gym. Walked and watched part of the latest Mission Impossible movie. I spent some time working out on some of the many machines, too. Headed back to the cabin and met up with Mark. I didn't want to eat too early as we had a late breakfast. Around 1 pm, we headed back to Deck 14, Lido, for lunch. I ate mostly cooked vegetables. Mark had a light lunch as well. Walked a bit more. Then headed back to our cabin. Watched some tv. Then headed to the Ryder Cup Challenge. It was the last time that Jonah will host as he is leaving the ship and heading back to Canada. I was the first golfer today. Our challenge today included hitting the ball across the room and down one step, then up a ramp, thru some chair legs to the far end of the room where the hole was located. Jonah demonstrated and scored a 2. I was selected first which meant Mark was the last golfer today. Not sure how, but I matched Jonah's score. Most scores were much higher and so very entertaining to watch. So many trapped the ball under the chair legs. Mark didn't fare as well, ending up with a score of 4. What fun!! We did a bit more walking. It felt warmer outside, especially on the side where the sun was shining. Spoke to one of the Russian dancers who was also walking on Deck 7. Headed back to our cabin. Showered and got dressed up for our formal night dinner. Our dinner mates were at the table when we arrived. Enjoyed a variety of conversations, mostly from everyone's experiences at Warnemunde, yesterday. Our dinners are going faster lately. We finished around 6:30. Headed back to our cabin and changed into more comfortable clothes and headed to the Princess Theater for the Midnight Hour performance by the Singers, Dancers and Sea Princess orchestra. It was well done, once again. They mentioned that John Martin was doing another show in the Vista Theater. We headed over there and were once again entertained by this British comedian from Liverpool. Stopped at the casino. My favorite machine was kind to me and I should have cashed out, but I didn't. We both gave away a few Aussie dollars. Then we headed up to Deck 14 for a coffee. Took some water back to the cabin. Mark picked up a couple of bags of popcorn as well. Watching some tv. The sun is still shining. We saw lots of ships today, including a sailboat. Our ship has some movement this evening. We are just over 100 miles from our next stop in Riga, Latvia. Thanks for the emails and messages received today. We will be in port by 7am. Not sure we will be heading to shore too early. It's a short day as we set sail at 3:30 pm.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015