s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

More Touring England - July 11, 2019

11 July 2019 | Leicestershire, England
Helen
It was after 11 pm when we headed to bed. I woke up several times and could not fall back asleep. We both woke up after 8 am. We enjoyed Victoria's birthday treats for breakfast. By the time we got up and headed out it was much later than planned. We had good wifi and I was enjoying all the emails and messages for this special day. We got to watch some tv news. The weather was predicted to be around 25C which is a very comfortable 77 degrees. We left the Marriott around 10 am. Traffic was still pretty backed up for that hour. It took us around 2 hours to drive to Avebury. We parked at the Red Lion Pub parking lot. We still had to buy a parking ticket and post it on the windshield. We joined a lot of tourists that were walking around the two sets of rock circles. There were gated entrances which locked after we opened them. There were sheep in the one field and the doors had to remain closed so they didn't get out. I did some wonderful connections on the huge rocks. I felt so much energy, similar to Sedona. The visions lifted me out of my body and gave me a view of what happened there so many years ago. We purchased tickets and toured the Manor House and Church, as well as the beautiful gardens around the house. The house was built and sold many times, with each new owner adding rooms. They had some volunteer tour guides in each of the main rooms to answer questions. Our lady guide told us that this house was on the same lay lines as the Pyramids in Egypt. Thru the years the circles were broken up by the church as they deemed this a pagan place. This place was connected to Stonehenge. We enjoyed touring the old house. Everything from the original house was moved to other locations and they reproduced a lots of the furniture and clothes. We could have tried on the clothes or touched any of the items in the house. We got our questions answered which was lovely. Queen Anne was one of the house residents. Apparently she had a huge amount of children, but none of them lived past the age of 11. So sad. The church was very nice. It hasn't changed much over the years. It was still in use in that tiny town. There were some souvenir shops, but one had an alarm go off while we were about to go in. We never did visit any of the shops. We took a break and had a very nice lunch at the Red Lion Pub. They took the cost of our parking ticket off our bill, which was very nice. I keep having to remind Mark to tip. We got used to the 'no tipping' policy in Australia. We toured the second field of rock circles after lunch. There was a huge number of sheep grazing in the field. They didn't seem to mind people walking around the rocks as they grazed on the lush green grass. The two circle areas were surrounded by a grassy moat. Everything about that area was amazing to me. I truly enjoyed our time there. The one guide told us that this was a cleansing area for the people traveling to Stonehenge. I actually had done a chakra cleansing while I was working with the stones. We left just before 4 pm. The traffic was okay to begin with, but then it was bottle-necked as some lanes disappeared. At least the last hour of driving was bumper to bumper. We stopped and topped up our fuel and took a restroom break. We found some pokey machines. Since it was my birthday, I decided to try my luck. I almost got all my money back. The machines were much different than the ones we have been playing lately. We were both exhausted by the time we arrived at the Kilworth House Hotel in North Kilworth, Leicestershire in Central England. Mark selected it especially since it was my birthday and more like a castle than a hotel. It was built on 38 acres of gardens, parklands and woodlands at the end of the 18th century. It was built for John Entwisle, the High Sheriff of Leicestershire. The Kilworth House Theater is next door, but there are no shows being performed during our stay. We only saw a few other guests in the dining room. We decided to check out the local town and ended up having dinner at the White Lion Pub. It was really good. They offered free wifi, which was nice. After we finished eating, we returned to the hotel. It had rained while we were having dinner. Thankfully, it waited until our touring was over. Back at the hotel, it was still sprinkling some. Our hotel wifi connection does not allow us to use Whatsapp. We were able to walk around the hotel and find some connection to wifi using Mark's cell phone. We are 5 hours ahead of East Coast time, but mostly everyone was at work. We made a couple of calls and our day was pretty much over. Sun sets around 9:30 pm. Mark tried to purchase general admission tickets to tomorrow's British F1 Practice but was told in a recording that tickets were sold out. We may drive to Silverstone tomorrow and see if they have any tickets at their box office. If not, we will find something else to do. Thanks so much for all the wonderful emails and messages with good wishes received today!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015