s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Lazy Day in Madison

29 July 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
Helen
Woke up around 7 and got up. Helped Erin put together a bowl of fresh fruit. Selected one of her cereals for breakfast. Mark had some Honey Nut Cheerios, as did Rafi. Tom was up early too. Erin headed in to work and arranged for us to meet up for lunch today. Mark took the vehicle back to Carmax to get their service department to fix some trim that was coming loose. Tom, Rafi and I decided to take the dog for a walk. Rafi was on his bicycle. We walked for a couple of blocks before Pickles hurt one of his paws. Tom carried him home. Eventually, whatever was hurting him stopped and he was able to walk on all 4 paws. Monica and Lucas slept in and ate a late breakfast. I was able to get some wifi updates. I was waiting for Mark's return. Erin texted that her meeting was cancelled and water. We could see an island off the shore. Our next stop was the beach. Tom, Monica, Lucas and she was able to get together for lunch earlier than our noon appointment. So, Tom drove us to her work place around 11:15. We went across the street from her office to the Gilford Mooring restaurant. Mark was late for lunch, but Raf was even later. He said that it took time to make the repair and they had to let the glue dry. At least they had free wifi to pass the time. We all enjoyed a lovely lunch together. It was a bright sunny and warm day. We had a beautiful view of the marina from the restaurant. After lunch was over, Mark and I walked around the marina. There were lots of boats. We walked out to the Rafi were going to meet us there. However, Rafi didn't want to go to the beach without a swim suit, so they just headed home. Mark and I found the beach and took a lovely walk. There was one island with a rocky edge extending out into the water. It was very hot for our walk. We headed back. Decided to stop at a grocery store. The mall also had a Walmart, so we went there for the few things that we needed. I wanted to get a cover for my new phone. However, my phone is a new android phone and they didn't carry a case for it at all. We then returned to the Sprint shop and Mark was able to get me a cover for my new phone. Then we headed back to Erin's house. Tom, Monica, Rafi and Pickles were just heading out for a walk. Mark called Sprint and was able to transfer the number from my old cell phone to the new phone. We received our mail that we forwarded from our mail service. It was delivered on Saturday. We found the refund from our boat insurance, which Mark deposited into our bank account. I cleaned up the kitchen. Then Erin arrived home from work. Raf joined us too. Erin ordered pizzas for our dinner. After dinner, we talked about playing a game of Pass the Pigs. Monica was the big winner. We also played another game that was unfamiliar to us. Rafi and Monica teamed up and beat the rest of us. It was entertaining. We finally called it a night around 11 pm. Not sure why we are so exhausted. Our plan is to drive the 8 or so hours to Niagara-on-the-Lake. Looking forward to seeing friends and relatives. Thanks for the emails and messages. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015