s/v Charabia

05 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
04 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
03 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
02 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
01 September 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
31 August 2019 | Fredericksburg, Virginia
31 August 2019 | Madison, Connecticut
29 August 2019 | Park Ridge, New Jersey
28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
28 August 2019 | Huddleton, Virginia
26 August 2019 | Charlotte, North Carolina
25 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
24 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
23 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
22 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
21 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
20 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
19 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
18 August 2019 | Jacksonville, Florida
17 August 2019 | Fairmont, West Virginia

Visiting Annapolis -08/28/19

28 August 2019 | Annapolis, Maryland
Helen
Got to sleep in until 8 am today. Then we enjoyed a delicious breakfast thanks to Steve & Kathy. We were not in a hurry to leave, but finally packed our bags and said good-bye to our amazing hosts. Mark loved driving thru the mountains. Virginia is a very beautiful state. It rained some along the way. We stopped for lunch at Bonefish Grill before we left Virginia. It rained for much of the afternoon and it made me sleepy. We had a couple different possibilities in our drive today. The one that avoided the DC area was much longer, so we chose the gps route. Not sure why they routed us off the main hiways and thru Washington, DC. We drove by the one end of the Lincoln Memorial. We couldn't believe that the street we drove on had two lanes on each side of a divider, yet all lanes went the same way. We drove in the left two lanes and there were white arrows pointing in the opposite direction. It was still pouring which didn't help any with all the traffic. We decided to follow my phone's Google Maps instead and eventually found our way back to the hiway. We finally arrived at our hotel in Annapolis around 5 pm. We drove to downtown Annapolis and the waterfront. Mark found a parking lot on the water and we walked to Pussers Restaurant which was right close by. We got to sit out on the patio under a canvas cover. It was the perfect place to watch the boats out on the harbor. The rain finally let up by the time we were finished our dinner. The sun shone on the water. We got to see a double master come in and tie up right in front of the restaurant. There were lots of tourists on board. We also saw several power boats on the water. We took a lovely walk around the harbor area. The sunset was beautiful with the old buildings in the background of downtown Annapolis. We even checked out a couple of stores that were still open. Then we were both tired and headed back to our hotel. We checked out the indoor swimming pool and hot tub, but decided we needed to post yesterday's blog and create tonight's as well. Maybe we will find some time tomorrow morning before we leave. Thanks for the emails and messages. We're excited to be heading to NJ tomorrow. We will meet up with our relatives and be able to finally attend a Rice game in person. Rice University will be facing the Army college football team at West Point on Friday. Enjoy your day!
Comments
Vessel Name: Charabia
Vessel Make/Model: Fountaine Pajot / Athena
Hailing Port: Jacksonville, FL
Crew: Mark &Helen
About:
We are both computer folks that were live aboard cruisers back in the 90s. We settled in Jacksonville Florida after escaping the great white north and cruising the Bahamas, T&C, DR and points south down to Trinidad. [...]
Extra: Charabia is a French slang word for nonsense or gibberish. It derives from Arabic "sharab" which means alcohol.When you drink (too much) alcohol, you start talking Charabia. The original owners named her and Mark liked the name so it stuck.
Charabia's Photos - Main
Photos 1 to 20 of 20
1
 
1
Nov 2017 trip south from Jacksonville
9 Photos
Created 23 August 2018
Upgrades and maintenance to Charabia
79 Photos
Created 27 June 2017
72 Photos
Created 16 May 2015
46 Photos
Created 15 May 2015
72 Photos
Created 7 April 2015
95 Photos
Created 4 April 2015
106 Photos
Created 31 March 2015
Get the boat ready to cruise.
10 Photos
Created 14 March 2015