Doug&Marcy Aboard Charm

28 November 2009 | Isla at Marina Mazatlan
25 November 2009 | Mazatlan
15 November 2009 | Mazatlan
12 November 2009 | Singlar Boat Yard, Mazatlan
06 November 2009 | Marina Mazatlan
03 November 2009 | Mazatlan
09 October 2009 | Lacey WA
28 March 2009 | Mazatlan
05 February 2009 | Ajiijic, MX
02 February 2009 | Morelia, Michoan, Mexico
20 January 2009
20 January 2009
26 December 2008 | Lacey
13 December 2008 | Mazatlan, Mexico
13 December 2008 | Mazatlan
02 December 2008 | Mazatlan
11 November 2008 | Mazatlan
05 November 2008 | Mazatlan
03 November 2008 | Austin, Texas

Charm's bottom

12 November 2009 | Singlar Boat Yard, Mazatlan
Doug
Charm got hauled out of the water at the Singlar Boat Yard here in Mazatlan on Monday and goes back in on Friday the 13th!! Yikes.

In the meantime, she got a nice cleaning, sanding, and two fresh coats of Comex blue paint. And a new cutless bearing. And a cleaned and greased autoprop. Now I just need to reffinish the exterior teak and the boat will be like new. Maybe I should sell? Nah.

Total Yacht Works did the work and right now we are being cradled in the straps of the giant lift machine ready for the 8:30 a.m. splashing.

We have been living aboard during the work and it was not too bad. Certainly it would have been a bit more comfy in an air conditioned room, but those Mexican beds are soooo hard. And we would have had to come back daily to give access to the workers. The only time we couldn't stand it was when they were doing the sanding on the hull. That noise came right up through.

Anyway it's back in the water and then the 3 minute drive back to Dock 8, Slip 10.

Big plans for the weekend. Tomorrow night we go with a group to Heather's for one of the best Elvis' in the world. Then Saturday evening we go to the beisbol game with the Mazatlan Venados with a group. And Sunday morning it's out to Punta Bruja for brekky and the walk back along the beach. We just had dinner tonight with Wally and Linda on Andanzas and their friends Rosy and John who have a Nordhaven 47 which is a gorgeous ocean going power boat.

I'll see if I can upload a few pictures of the haulout.
Comments
Vessel Name: Charm
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 380
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Doug and Marcy Sanford
About: We are retired wanderers. We do have a home base in Wash State. We like traveling, golf, swimming, reading, our computers, and dancing. In Mexico, our favorite city so far is Mazatlan.
Extra: This is our third season cruising Mexico--might be one more before bringing Charm back to the NW to take a trip to Alaska.

Co Captains

Who: Doug and Marcy Sanford
Port: Seattle