S/V Chase the Cat

Ocean: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the sailing ship Chase the Cat. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no Chase the Cat has gone before.

26 September 2017 | Karimun Jawa
25 September 2017 | Karimun Jawa
24 September 2017 | Bawean
22 September 2017 | Bawean
18 September 2017 | Lowina
17 September 2017 | Lowina
15 September 2017 | Lowina
13 September 2017 | Lombok
12 September 2017 | Lombok
11 September 2017 | Lombok
09 September 2017 | Lombok
08 September 2017 | Gili Banta
06 September 2017 | Rinca Island (Komodo)
30 August 2017 | Labuan Bajo
29 August 2017 | Flores Region, somewhere around Riung
26 August 2017 | Maurole

The story of "You should have left me in the cave" or "How I spent all our money"

01 September 2017 | Labuan Bajo
Mel
On Friday we reanchored the boat in front of the Eco-Resort a little bit out of the Harbour and Town of Labuan Bajo. Nearly all of the other Rally-Boats were anchored there. Someone told us that the Puri Sari Resort is an excellent Place to have a meal, massage or swim in the Pool. We went ashore to have dinner at the Resort. They had Indonesian Food as well as Western Food available. We had an absolute lovely Waiter called Fandy. The next day, he lent us his Scooter to visit the Batu Cermin Caves which were close by. A guide showed us around, telling us about the discovery of the caves and showed us turtle and fish fossils in the stone. The stalactites and stalagmites even made a wonderful bell sound when you knocked on them. Little tiny bats were living in the cave, minding their own business. Before we brought the Scooter back, we stopped at a Fast-Food Restaurant, similar to Kentucky Fried Chicken, called TOP, and was just around the corner of "MadeInItaly". We returned the Motorcycle and gave Fandy a big Tip. Fandy is a genuine and happy person. He absolutely is a delight to be around with and everybody loves him.

After Grant had spent a bit time repairing other peoples' boats, three days to be precise, we decided, that we need to have a break away from Fixing things and thought it's time to see the Komodo Dragons. In the morning of the 5th of September, Fandy took Grant to the Meat Market to buy a plugged Chook and some fish. I stayed on the Boat. Grant returned with an Indonesian guy in a canoe. He was a floating merchant and was selling beautiful Handcrafts. I bought a wooden Comodo Dragon, a Mother-of-Pearl dish, a wooden bowl and a Mother-of-Pearl Necklace in just under five Minutes. That must have been my shopping record. And again, Grant went away to do the last repairs on "SV Chandara", and while he was away, a few other people turned up asking for Grants Knowledge.
Comments
Vessel Name: Chase the Cat
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau First 31
Crew: Grant, Mel and Chase
Chase the Cat's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.