S/V Chase the Cat

Ocean: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the sailing ship Chase the Cat. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no Chase the Cat has gone before.

26 September 2017 | Karimun Jawa
25 September 2017 | Karimun Jawa
24 September 2017 | Bawean
22 September 2017 | Bawean
18 September 2017 | Lowina
17 September 2017 | Lowina
15 September 2017 | Lowina
13 September 2017 | Lombok
12 September 2017 | Lombok
11 September 2017 | Lombok
09 September 2017 | Lombok
08 September 2017 | Gili Banta
06 September 2017 | Rinca Island (Komodo)
30 August 2017 | Labuan Bajo
29 August 2017 | Flores Region, somewhere around Riung
26 August 2017 | Maurole

Would you like coffee with your sugar?

11 September 2017 | Lombok
Mel
Geoff and Lyn invited us to join them to go to the shopping center to stock up the boat stores. At about 10 a.m. we rented a car and a driver. No shops in Indonesia open before 10 o’clock. Our first stop would be an ATM in Senggigi. Wendy and Jim aka Jagga 2 needed a lift to Senggigi, too. So, we took them in the car with us. Lombok is a mixture of old and new, and often you see the most amazing buildings in between ruins of old Houses. To get to Senggigi, we had to take the long way around, since they blogged on side of the shortcut Brigde for constructions. We drove through a Road called Monkey Forest. Little and also big Macaques were sitting at the side of the Road, running over the barriers or sitting on them eating nuts and fruits. When we arrived in Senggigi, we dropped Wendy and Jim off, while everyone was busy in the ATM, Lyn went to a little clothing shop just a couple buildings beside the ATM. They had wonderful and cheap clothings. Unfortunately for me, there was nothing big enough to fit me. I am not the fattest, but come on, the Indo girls are not thinner!!! Next stop was couple of marine and motorbike shops, to get fan belts and bits and bobs for the boat. Getting boat parts in Indonesia is close to impossible. So far, all we needed for boat repairs we got through trading with other Yachties. Our last stop was a big shopping centre called Epicentre. It reminded me of the shopping centres in Beijing or Hong Kong. This kids friendly shopping centre even offered "kids rides" to ride around the shops. We first went to eat Burger King, went straight to a clothing store and ended up in the Food Supermarket. It was the first Supermarket since Darwin selling useful cooking ingrediencies. They had dry stores, fruit & veggies, bread, frozen stuff, Yoghurt, Milk, Butter, and lots more. We finally found food - not sugar with food flavouring. Close to six we finally arrived back home, where the whitish Dog terrorised the Patrons of the Restaurant.
Comments
Vessel Name: Chase the Cat
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau First 31
Crew: Grant, Mel and Chase
Chase the Cat's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.