Cheshire Cat

04 July 2008
21 June 2008 | Fiji

Cheshire Cat has brought us halfway around the world. Amazing!

30 December 2006 | New Zealand
Deirdre and Mike
We have managed to escape from New Zealand at last!

We've enjoyed many experiences in glorious destinations, struggled against weather and adversity at times, but our trusty little yacht Cheshire Cat has seen us through everything without complaint.

Our adventures first started in Ontario, Canada in 2002.,when we sailed up the St Lawrence Seaway and out into the unknown ocean for the very first time ever, heading for Halifax, Nova Scotia.

We stormed southwards to Bermuda, and spent the next two years exploring the beautiful beaches and islands of the Caribbean.

After some time in Venezuela we made the BIG decision to go west and transited the Panama Canal. Cheshire Cat took us south to visit Ecuador.

The next big passage took us clear across the Pacific Ocean - and we have discovered the beautiful islands of New Zealand.

To see our story of what happened before 2008 when we regretfully left New Zealand please visit

YachtCheshireCat.blogspot.com
Comments
Vessel Name: Cheshire Cat
Vessel Make/Model: Cabot 36
Hailing Port: Toronto
Crew: Deirdre & Mike
About: Fiji, New Zealand, Tonga, Western Samoa, Polynesia, Tuamotos, Marquesas, Galapagos, Ecuador, The Panama Canal, Venezuela, Grenada, The Caribbean Islands, BVI, Bermuda, Halifax, St Lawrence Seaway, Lake Ontario and our home port of Midland Ontario.
Extra: We found our rather elderly and ill equipped 36 ft Cabot in New York, brought her up to Ontario through the Eerie Canal system and spent the next five years working on her refit.

Who: Deirdre & Mike
Port: Toronto