Cheval

25 April 2016 | Buena Vista Cay, Ragged Islands
16 April 2016 | Puerto Vita, CUBA
15 April 2016 | Banes (Cuba)
14 April 2016 | Cuba (ORIENTE )
13 April 2016 | Holguin (Cuba)
12 April 2016 | Holguin (Cuba)
11 April 2016 | Guardalavaca (Cuba)
10 April 2016 | Puerto de Vita, Cuba
09 April 2016 | Puerto de Vita, Cuba
08 April 2016 | Puerto Vita, CUBA
25 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
23 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
22 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
21 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
20 March 2016 | Georgetown, Great Exuma
19 March 2016 | Calabash Bay (Long Island)
18 March 2016 | Calabash Bay (Long Island)
13 March 2016

La Loma de la Cruz (Holguin)

13 April 2016 | Holguin (Cuba)
Nathalie
There is one big hill on the northern side of Holguin called “La Loma de la Cruz” which you access through a climb of 465 steps leading to a panoramic view of the city. We left the car at the bottom and began to go up. Along the way, we encountered a few older ladies with flowers in their hands accompanied by one of their adult child. I began to try to engage a conversation with one of them while we were resting on one of the multiple benches along this very steep climb! I understood that on Sundays, this is like a religious pilgrimage as there is a cross on the top of the stairs. This lady was with her son and it was obviously a very intensive effort for a person of her age, her son was so sweet, helping his mom physically but also speaking some words of encouragement, it was very touching. Arriving at the top, the two daughters were waiting and taking pictures as the Mama made it to the top and we all clapped as she arrived surrounded by all her children. The view upstairs is marvelous and there is a tower as well where Roger, a very talented artist, displays his drawings on chiffon painting background, quite original, I bought two of them for 15 CUC and spoke to Roger in French. His French was so good that I asked him if he went to Paris (the dream of all artists?) but he said that he learned at school. It seems that some older Cubans know French and the younger ones have definitely switched to English. Roger’s son left and now lives in Kansas since 7 months , he was very sad not to be able to see him before a long time, it brought tears to his eyes and mine.
Comments
Vessel Name: Cheval
Vessel Make/Model: Outremer 50
Hailing Port: Tavernier, Florida, USA
Crew: David, Nathalie, Alec and Emilie
About: The old crew of O'Vive reunited on Cheval for new adventures.

Cheval

Who: David, Nathalie, Alec and Emilie
Port: Tavernier, Florida, USA