Chiefs Gone Rogue

12 November 2015
12 November 2015
11 October 2015
30 August 2015
31 May 2015 | Great Sale Cay Bahamas
29 May 2015 | Soldier Cay
28 May 2015 | Manjack Cay Abaco
27 May 2015 | Manjack Cay Abaco
27 May 2015 | Manjack Cay Abaco
26 May 2015 | Green Turtle Cay Abaco
24 May 2015 | No Name Cay
23 May 2015 | Treasure Cay Bahamas
22 May 2015
21 May 2015
20 May 2015
19 May 2015
17 May 2015
16 May 2015

Enjoying the scenery

20 May 2015
Cathy
We are now heading back to a beautiful little sand spit off Elbow Cay called Tahiti Beach. Beautifully scenic little spot that you can walk all around at low tide and is a popular place to bring the small boats in for the day to anchor on, sit in the water with a cold beverage and listen to your favorite tunes.

On the way we stopped off at the Pelican Marine Park to snorkel. Nothing can be taken from there, no fish, no shells. Just snorkel and watch the schools of fish in a wide array of colors. We dived this spot last time we were here and found some turtles. Since Ken has not been released to carry that much weight on his back we’ll just have to settle for snorkeling. This time it was crowded, very crowded. Snorkel and dive tours coming in we shared the mooring ball with another boat. Still made for a nice snorkel. Saw one sting ray below the dinghy in about 25 feet of water but no turtles today. The other boat releases the mooring ball and up comes Ernie and Betty from S/v IEMANJANA to share ours. Well hello again.

Heading up to Tahiti Beach we have to zig and zag along the route the 7 or so miles to get there. Straight shot would be less than half that. Drawing only a little over 4’ we have to take the deeper route, still less than 15’. Like going through mountain roads if you didn’t have to zig zag up the mountain you could get there in half the time. But like the mountain trip, it’s about enjoying the journey and the scenery along the way. I sat on the bow of the boat and watched the huge red starfish pass under our boat as we went by. It is so pretty to look upon the turquoise colored water and hear nothing but the swoosh of the water as the hulls of the boat cut gently through it. It soothes my soul.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sol Searching
Vessel Make/Model: Leopard 42
Hailing Port: Medford, OR
Crew: Ken and Cathy
About: Ken Retired Chief Executive Officer to full time Captain Cathy Retired Chief Financial Officer to full time galley wench, deck hand and destination planner
Extra: Worked in EMS in the Rogue Valley for 30 years, now it's time to follow our dreams out to sea.
Social:
Sol Searching's Photos - Main
Great Sale to Powell Cay
9 Photos
Created 12 June 2014