Cisnecito Around the World

Who: Julie and Chris Mays
Port: Newport, RI
02 February 2008 | Newport Beach, California
29 January 2008 | Newport Beach, CA
27 January 2008 | Balboa Yacht Club, California
25 January 2008 | San Diego, California
23 January 2008 | Mission Bay, California
20 January 2008 | Public Docks, San Diego
18 January 2008 | Shelter Island, San Diego
18 January 2008 | San Diego, California
17 January 2008 | United States/Mexico Border
17 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
17 January 2008 | Ensenada Mexico
17 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
16 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
16 January 2008 | Ensenada, Mexico
14 January 2008 | Sacramento Reef, Baja California
14 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | Islas San Benitos
12 January 2008 | 60 Miles West of Turtle Bay
10 January 2008 | 130 Miles South of Cedros Island

Made it to Vanuatu

03 August 2005 | Port Vila, Vanuatu
Julie
The four-day sail from Fiji was pleasant, although Deni might disagree due to her seasickness. We had, as usual, a combination of no wind and big wind, and some good fishing. With the new fishing rod holders brought from the US, we were able to troll with three rods, significantly upping our game. We had several hooks each day and brought in a large mahi-mahi and what we were hoping was a wahoo, but turned out to be a barracuda.


We arrived to Port Vila on the evening of August 17th. Our friend Mikey was there awaiting us and we went to get him in the dinghy after anchoring. Mike also came bearing gifts??"new autopilot, books, magazines, movies, games, etc. Another Christmas! Having not checked in yet, we couldn't go ashore, so had mahi-mahi tacos for dinner and fun evening catching up.

The following day was spent checking in and taking care of laundry, garbage, etc, as per usual. The wind was pretty strong and we were not sure about the holding, so we didn't go far from the boat that day. The following day we went through the pass and picked up one of the Yachting World moorings, just in front of the Waterfront Cafe. We did a major provisioning and had some good meals in town. Vila is surprisingly modern, with much British and French influence, but Melanesians are dominant. They are extremely friendly people and more than willing to go out of their way to help. While provisioning at Au Bon Pain, Mike and I stopped for a little wine tasting in the market. We got to talking to a local man who asked us if we needed a ride home with our tons of groceries. He took us all about town, showing us what was what, and offered to take us to a kava bar that evening.

Comments
Vessel Name: Cisnecito
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 46 MkII
Hailing Port: Newport, RI
Crew: Julie and Chris Mays
Extra: After three years of freezing in New York, we decided to give up our corporate careers to set sail on the opportunity of a lifetime...
Home Page: http://www.cisnecito.com/

Who: Julie and Chris Mays
Port: Newport, RI