For As Long As It Lasts

11 May 2013 | Kingston
29 April 2013 | Kingston/Toronto
22 April 2013 | Inverary, Ontario
22 April 2013 | Kingston
17 April 2013 | Kingston
12 April 2013 | Kingston
10 April 2013 | Kingston
28 March 2013 | Kingston
23 March 2013 | Kingston
13 March 2013 | Kingston
10 March 2013 | Kingston
28 February 2013 | Kingston
27 February 2013 | Kingston
19 February 2013 | Kingston
14 February 2013 | Kingston
09 February 2013 | Kingston
06 February 2013 | Kingston
05 February 2013 | Kingston
02 February 2013
31 January 2013 | Kingston

The Greatest Show on Earth

05 February 2012 | Sarasota, Fl
Jennifer - sunny/hot


We are enjoying downtown Sarasota. Jane and I walked to the Farmers’ market Saturday morning and it was fantastic. We had 10:30 reservations on the shuttle to go to the Ringling Bros. museum. It was worth every penny. Our 5 hours there wasn’t quite enough. We saw the miniature of the circus which gave you a very good sense of what that time in history would have been like. It was fun touring it with Jane (and Bob) because Jane has memories of seeing the circus as it was as a little girl and remembered the unloading of the train with the colorful wagons. The John and Mabel mansion was truly luxurious for its time. (photo is of us in front of the mansion)

Al and I finished our day by hooking up with Kingston friends Ross and Coleen. They had us for cocktails at their newly purchased Villa that is about 5 miles from our marina. It is in a lovely 55+ community and has great amenities. We had supper out at a nice roadhouse type restaurant that had great food and reasonable prices. They took us for a tour to Siesta Key beach that even in the dark was spectacular and had sand that felt like flour.

This morning the men did a West Marine run and did groceries so Jane and I could browse the art festival. I picked up a few pieces of functional pottery as a memento of our visit. I also purchased a few pieces of jewelry.

Tonight I am making a pasta supper. Tomorrow we are likely leaving the company of Last Dance. They will start to make their 1200 mile return to Cambridge, Maryland. In all likelihood this trip will be Bob and Janes last boat trip on Last Dance. We will be sad to leave their company but we sure wish them fun in their future endeavors and we will cherish the fun waterway memories.

I will forever enjoy the bond I have made with Miss Jane that grew from a pair of knitting needles and a ball of yarn from Walmart when we met as strangers traveling in boats seeking safety from a nor-easter at Dowry Creek in November of '09. We have have grown into finer yarns and challenging projects. I will miss our stitchin' and bitchin.
Comments
Vessel Name: Close Knit
Vessel Make/Model: Marine Trader Double Cabin
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario
Crew: Al, Jennifer & Bridget.
About: Ex sailboat couple from S/V Ruth. Continuing our trip down south, in a little more comfort (& alot more work!)
Extra:
Alistair and Jennifer are a couple who met in 2007 after Jennifer survived a stroke in early 2006 and lost her husband to cancer the same year. Al had been a life long sailor and after dating several months Al suggested a lifestyle on a boat, cruising. Jennifer had no sailing experience and was [...]

Who: Al, Jennifer & Bridget.
Port: Kingston, Ontario