Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA

New Year's Day at Prevost

01 January 2016
Today was boat project day. We woke up, started the generator, and fixed breakfast while the Rose Parade was on TV. Deb's marching band background drew her interest. Then we made a master list of boat projects to work on today. We hoped to be done by noon so we could go hiking on Stewart Island.

Set up the dehumidifier. Check.

Do the engine room checks to make sure all was well after our first day underway. Check.

Replace the switch on the reading light on my side of the bed with a new one I had ordered. Check.

Check my Mustang auto inflatable life vest to make certain it was not one on their recall list. Check.

Make a list of all the writing and university projects I needed to complete on this trip. Check.

We fixed a bit of lunch and then celebrated the completion of our list of jobs with a hike on Stewart Island. Deb showed me a loop trail that went East. I had not yet been on this trail. It was a great hike! There was enough up and down to make it interesting, ocean views, lots of interesting trees and foliage to identify, and we even came across a grinding hole in a rock, where First Nation people ground some type of food supply, perhaps acorns or pine nuts. We both took photos along the way to share back at the boat. Afterwards I took a little nap.

Later we enjoyed a delicious pasta dinner that Debbie fixed. I did the dishes and then we watched a great episode of Sherlock Holmes. It was a special episode with flashback to the original Sherlock in London. A perfect way to end the day.
Comments
Vessel Name: Change of Latitude
Vessel Make/Model: Grand Banks CL 42
Hailing Port: Bellingham, WA
Crew: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
About: We live on the East Coast but enjoy wilderness cruising in the Pacific Northwest.
Extra: We enjoy crabbing, shrimping, fishing, and clamming. Some of us are crazy enough to swim in Northwest waters during the summer.

Change of Latitude in the Pacific Northwest

Who: Don/Debbie/Katie Baxter/Sarah Leu
Port: Bellingham, WA