Sailing Away

19 January 2017 | Bribie Island
18 December 2016 | Hope Island
15 December 2016 | GOld COast
06 December 2016 | Wide Bay Bar
06 December 2016 | Fraser Island
04 December 2016 | Fraser Island.
01 December 2016 | Bundaberg
29 November 2016 | 1770
28 November 2016 | Gladstone
25 November 2016 | Port Clinton
19 November 2016 | Mackay
19 November 2016 | Mackay
19 November 2016 | Mackay Marina
12 November 2016 | Whitsunday Passage
11 November 2016 | Airlie Beach
08 November 2016 | Cape Upstart
24 October 2016 | Brisbane
16 October 2016 | Leyte
16 October 2016 | Leyte
16 October 2016

Gold Coast

15 December 2016 | GOld COast
After crossing the Wide Bay Bar we made it to Mooloolaba in the late afternoon. trying to find an anchoring spot was near impossible but we eventually found somewhere. we had intended to stay for 2 nights and do shopping and laundry, but the weather was about to change again so the next morning we set offf early and stopped at the jetty at the VMR to fill up with water, only to find they have turned off the tap!!! Mooloolaba is becoming very unfriendly - the marina is only taking 2 week bookings at present so we couldn't stop there. Not too happy Jan!!.
So we went to Bribie Island where we were greeted with great enthusiasm by our friends and were able to borrow Richard and Lisa's mooring buoy which helps keep us safe from the very strong currents that run through the Pumicestone Passage. We took Richard and Lisa for a sailon Monday which was great, and then we departed on Tuesday morning, called into Raby Bay to fill up with fuel and water and then headed down to Russell Island for the night. We're now on the Gold Coast and tomorrow will be going to our jetty mooring at Hope Island ready to leave the boat for a week while we travel to Melbourne. Spending Christmas with Sarah and family this year. Then we are going to bring the 2 oldest grandchildren back with us to spend a few days on the boat and do cousin stuff.
Yes. it's another sunset!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: SeaQuill
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 421
Crew: Tony & Sue Colpus
About: We are newly retired, novice sailors, about to embark on the journey of a lifetime. We are expecting some fantastic, exciting experiences as we learn all about our brand new catamaran.