Commotion on Comocean

25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2020 | Grand Bahama Yacht Club
19 January 2020 | Ft. Pierce to West End, Baahamas
29 December 2019 | Coral Harbor, Naassau
27 December 2019 | Chubb Cay
29 August 2019 | Vero Beach, FL
17 March 2019
01 March 2019
06 February 2019
28 January 2019 | Hope Town Lodge
23 January 2019 | Hope Town Inn and Marina
21 January 2019 | Hope Town
18 January 2019 | Tillo Cay, Bahamas
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock

Coomocean enters WCC Atlantic Cup

03 May 2012 | Nanny Cay, Tortola, BVI
Toby Hynes
Comocean is off to Bermuda!
The crew pictured has just prepared Comocean for its trip north as part of the World Cruising Club Atlantic Cup. Veterans John Hoffman, and Norm Weill, from the Caribbean 1500 Rally in November, have returned and helped prepare Joel Stavana, Joanne’s twin brother, for the trip north. All have worked diligently to prepare Comocean for the trip.
We all attended safety classes two days ago. This included flare lighting, raft deployment and raft exit and entry from boats and water. We have enjoyed meeting the members of the other boats, skipper and crew, and eaten way to many hamburgers and fries (sorry ladies, it’s men out of control). We have enjoyed the great showers of Nanny Cay knowing that short showers at 25% heel lay ahead.
Toby did the initial shopping for crew meals just before the crew arrived on the 3oth. Chicken Tetrazzini, Roast Chicken, Turkey Tetrazzini, etc., thanks to our new crew member, Chef Stouffer. Joel completed the final shopping spree today, filling in the needs for fresh produce, fresh meats, beer (limited quantity as per skippers instructions), and most importantly Lamb, Meat and Chicken for the fine recipes he brought with him. As I type, he is madly cooking away the Lamb for a Curry meal he has planned. He boiled the pastas, which are now lightly coated in olive oil, for entry into the freezer. He cooked the Ground Beef to freeze it for mixing with the Ragu Pasta mix.
John and Joel did a masterful job tying down the dingy we all, equally masterfully, hoisted to Comocean’s foredeck. We have locked the dingy motor to the rear, prepared all the lines and rigging and are ready to go tomorrow at noon.
Today’s skippers meeting has laid out the route Sunday, given us entry information for Bermuda and weather for five days out. Norm learned he will lead the SSB Radio Net on Sunday. Winds look light out of the East until Sunday, when, a persistent low will rotate to a North wind direction at 25 knots…RIGHT ON THE NOSE!
Wish us luck…we are off tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: Comocean
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 426
Hailing Port: Osterville, Ma
Crew: JoAnne and Toby Hynes
About:
JoAnne and Toby are enjoying their early retirement years following in the footsteps of their children. Seth at 32 led the way when he and his new bride, Elizabeth, sailed their Lagoon 380 from Hampton, Va. to Sydney, Australia. [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/comoceanadventure/
Comocean's Photos - Main
Here are a few shots from the past of the Hynes family enjoying their boats.
22 Photos
Created 6 November 2011
Here are some of the first pictures of Toby and JoAnne on their new boat, Comocean. Seth, Elizabeth and Hale joined them!
7 Photos
Created 6 November 2011