Commotion on Comocean

25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2020 | Grand Bahama Yacht Club
19 January 2020 | Ft. Pierce to West End, Baahamas
29 December 2019 | Coral Harbor, Naassau
27 December 2019 | Chubb Cay
29 August 2019 | Vero Beach, FL
17 March 2019
01 March 2019
06 February 2019
28 January 2019 | Hope Town Lodge
23 January 2019 | Hope Town Inn and Marina
21 January 2019 | Hope Town
18 January 2019 | Tillo Cay, Bahamas
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock

Howling!

10 November 2012
Toby
Pic: The second system to hit New England...

It hard to believe we could still have stories after 7 days. No sweat when every day throws a whole new challenge at you. Its now been 35 hours at 19 to 26 knots of breeze with following seas. We are hauling!

The crew still seems delighted to be here...OK, probably not delight. When I came up for my watch at 4:00 AM, Tony and Norm were ecstatic about both having seen us break 10 knots. Since hull speed is theoretically 8, we might have gotten a little out of the water on the face of the swell and raced down it. Wheeee!

Since we now have a bet on first sight of land, I had to carefully ascertain whether we were at max hull speed, and possibly on the edge of lost control, to make 3 bucks...or just, in need of a fresh face to decide to slow it down. That said, Norm and I brought in the Jib 30 % and we are now holding at 7-8 knots constantly...with a few wave pushes to 9.8. Wheeee!

Recognizing this was coming, yesterday John built some sandwiches for us for lunch. The team eat slowly. I learned they thought the other half might be dinner. However, Joanne bought us Burritos for the last voyage, and they are perfect for this occasion. A little heart burn is good for the soul.

I recently remember seeing one of these idiotic reality TV shows where people do really dumb things for attention. On this particular version, a young man rode the inside of one of the giant driers at the laundromat. Serious! Well I have a better idea for him next time. Join us.

I keeping hearing John, on deck, asking if you got up in the morning and there was weather like this, would you go out in it? Well John, this would make great reality TV.

News comes slowly at sea. This is one of the good things, I might add. We learned the storm we motored for the first three days to get south of, has ripped up New Jersey, New York and Cape Cod. Norm lost a tree (good news, something for him to do when he gets home). Toby and Joanne have lost the weather vane on the Copula for the third time. I feel sorry for the Bronx of all things.

Howling along, we might make land fall tomorrow night...amazing actually. The boats sailing fantastic, the crew is getting sleep and eats. Alls well at 30degrees of heel and howling through the night.
Comments
Vessel Name: Comocean
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 426
Hailing Port: Osterville, Ma
Crew: JoAnne and Toby Hynes
About:
JoAnne and Toby are enjoying their early retirement years following in the footsteps of their children. Seth at 32 led the way when he and his new bride, Elizabeth, sailed their Lagoon 380 from Hampton, Va. to Sydney, Australia. [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/comoceanadventure/
Comocean's Photos - Main
Here are a few shots from the past of the Hynes family enjoying their boats.
22 Photos
Created 6 November 2011
Here are some of the first pictures of Toby and JoAnne on their new boat, Comocean. Seth, Elizabeth and Hale joined them!
7 Photos
Created 6 November 2011