Commotion on Comocean

25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
25 March 2020 | Ft. Pierce, FL
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
23 March 2020 | Chubb Cay, Bahamas
22 January 2020 | Grand Bahama Yacht Club
19 January 2020 | Ft. Pierce to West End, Baahamas
29 December 2019 | Coral Harbor, Naassau
27 December 2019 | Chubb Cay
29 August 2019 | Vero Beach, FL
17 March 2019
01 March 2019
06 February 2019
28 January 2019 | Hope Town Lodge
23 January 2019 | Hope Town Inn and Marina
21 January 2019 | Hope Town
18 January 2019 | Tillo Cay, Bahamas
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock
10 January 2019 | Green Turtle Cay. Lanyard Dock

WE'RE AT IT AGAIN!

01 November 2016
Toby
South Bound 11/2016

Hey friends, we're at it again. It is hard to believe Joanne and I will be starting our sixth year post retirement on our sailboat Comocean enjoying the Caribbean and Bahamas. But, first we have to get he boat from Virginia to The Abacos, Bahamas. This letter, and the few updates that will follow, is for crew members families, past crew, friends of crew and my friends who have shown interest in our progress. Always remember, you control the delete key if you loose interest.

To get to the land of Blackened Mahi-Mahi, Rum Tonics and warm weather we will exit, the always busy Chesapeake (think war ships, tankers and 140 or so sailboats all leaving about the same time), cross the 3 knot northern currents of the Gulf Stream and then travel 700 miles south to the entrance to the Abacos. That entrance by the way, can't itself be exciting thanks to the occasional "rage" conditions which can exist.

The crew includes friends who have in the past helped move Comocean North. Perennial crew mate Norm Weill manages all of our communications. This includes daily chats on SSB with the other sailboats making these years voyage south. Backing me up on sailing knowledge and experience is John Hoffman, survivor of the first two 1500 mile endeavors to the British Virgins, and numerous others efforts helping bring Comocean back and forth to Osterville, including one stint to Bermuda. sailing. Tom Bittenbender, a friend and past work associate from Ford and Toyota, is making his third crossing and has become well skilled in managing the boat systems. Another friend from the automotive realms on board is Bill Cyphers. He has completed a number of Mackinaw races and helped Joanne and I bring the boat south from Osterville to Norfolk in September. My son, Seth, is our onshore hand, checking weather, helping with routing (especially Gulf Stream crossing points) and safety counselor.

Well, the weather looks good, so we're taking off within a few hours. HOWEVER...Friday and Saturday have major cold front. SO, headed for two day stop in Beaufort, NC. You can follow us on the following link:
Comments
Vessel Name: Comocean
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 426
Hailing Port: Osterville, Ma
Crew: JoAnne and Toby Hynes
About:
JoAnne and Toby are enjoying their early retirement years following in the footsteps of their children. Seth at 32 led the way when he and his new bride, Elizabeth, sailed their Lagoon 380 from Hampton, Va. to Sydney, Australia. [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/comoceanadventure/
Comocean's Photos - Main
Here are a few shots from the past of the Hynes family enjoying their boats.
22 Photos
Created 6 November 2011
Here are some of the first pictures of Toby and JoAnne on their new boat, Comocean. Seth, Elizabeth and Hale joined them!
7 Photos
Created 6 November 2011